HKPRO Forums banner

661 - 680 of 748 Posts

·
Banned
34,580 Posts
Here is my new mail call today. 416 complete upper with LPK and chopped up lower. What do you pro's think? I have a brownells lower coming soon and I will be sending it off to be engraved with appropriate marks. Hopefully it all comes together nicely.

Question: Is this bolt carrier normal with the hole in the bottom and do people normally chop off the mounts on the gas block? Here are some pics for your enjoyment.

Cheers everyone!
Nice--- keep us updated on the build!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hole in bottom of bolt carriers is water drain hole. Part of 'Over the Beach' package.

Cutting off sling loops on gas block is popular, especially if slim handguard is installed.
Thank you @Montrala for your response. I don't think I have an OTB barrel that I can tell but glad I have the bolt. I didn't see a stud in the extension that I can tell. Im wondering if having a non OTB barrel would make a difference in wear. I see now about the sling loops being cut off for the hand guard, Pretty sure mine happens to be the larger one. Thanks again for your response. Looking forward to how this whole thing turns out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here’s a pic of my chamber and it’s little stub. Couldn’t see it until I took the barrel off the receiver. After reading more about that otb stuff, because the rabbit hole I went down took me to places I didn’t know where I was, makes me believe my bolt and barrel are otb but bt is not (no three holes). So much to learn. Thank you hkpro and members. This community is awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Some of my HK416s, for your viewing pleasure.

Standard BE date code HK416, I still need a different front sight for this.

This has to be spray painted in brown/FDE, genuine D lower, Geissele trigger, handguard and charging handle, B5 mil SOPMOD stock, KAC flip-up sights, B&T Rotex V Compact can.

HK416K "clone", genuine HK416 lower and parts, I did the K and Norge markings myself. Needs a slim-line stock and will be spray painted white.

And a G36V with 15" assaulter-CQB-whatever-it's-called barrel

661 - 680 of 748 Posts