61 - 80 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Well, that 416 is not black at all.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not bad for a base coat...but you need some camo on it! Kryon is your friend! ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks guys! Badicedog the lower is a SOCOM MFG you can find them now and again. They stopped making them in 2001 i believe.
I agree w/ the camo I'm checking other threads for reference any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
My 416 on an A1 lower and some friends

So, I finally got around to taking some pictures of my upper on my dept. A1 lower. Also in the pic are my HK45 and HK45c. The three of them go to work with me every day..

·
Registered
324 Posts
LCSO.....

Very nice bro...very nice...love the PVS-14.

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
What type of lower is that with square magwell?
Angry, is that a factory 416 lower painted? Or did you find a squared/flared lower of another manufacture?

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
No its a lower that has been discontinued...
well, that figures..... I will continue my never ending quest for a squared mag well lower....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Nice setup Dinger, but does Larry beat up on you for using an EO Tech???
No, not really. Only when prodded by others into it.

LOL

Both of my 552's run like a champ.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
This thread is making me crazy waiting for the pieces of my 416 to come together . . . to put it together. All these recent pictures and anticipation will make it worth while when I can share my own pictures when it's completed.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks guys! Badicedog the lower is a SOCOM MFG you can find them now and again. They stopped making them in 2001 i believe.
I agree w/ the camo I'm checking other threads for reference any suggestions?
A friend of mine, who is a designated marksman (Sniper), showed me how they taught him to camo his gun in sniper school.
He has done this to all of his rifles, all with a sand base coat.

Get a snipers veil and lay it over the rifle, and using a color like OD or a dark grey, dust it in certain areas. This gives you a shadowing effect, and looks pretty cool.
I am in the process of painting my friends Hummer like this...

Try this out on a test panel.

61 - 80 of 744 Posts