HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey- It is my understanding that the back up iron sights for the HK 416 come in two different varieties- specifically there are two different rear diopter sights- one built for 10" barreled carbines, the other for 14.5". Does anyone know how these sights are marked differently? I want to get the correct one for the right barrel obviously.
Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know it has something to do with these two identification dots.

Now I cannot find the IM were he explained it to me. I have contacted him so maybe I can get the answers again fairly quickly.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Maybe a dumb question ----- But what's the real difference between the sights for the different barrel lengths?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Maybe a dumb question ----- But what's the real difference between the sights for the different barrel lengths?
The shorter barrel (10.5) will not allow all of the bullets powder to burn and get the bullet to its maximum velocity before it exits the end of the barrel. Coming out of the short barrel, that 5.56 probably looses 3-400fps (if not more) compared to the 14.5. A bullet traveling at a slower velocity is going to drop faster at 100m, 200m, 300m, etc. So, it requires diff. irons to reflect that drop at the indexed ranges.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im not sure, but couldn't the 2 different rear sights be accounted for by the 2 different front sights? Just a thought, but if you look at the 10" next to the 14" they have compleatly different front sights.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I bought my 10.5" sights from Adam Weber. He's good people and will take care of you.

Maj

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dots are located (well, for the 14.5/16.5" barrels, anyway...) under the "2" on the sight drum...you have to rotate it to the forward position to be able to see it. I don't know where the single dot is for the 10.5" barrel sight (maybe under the "1"...?).

Yup, Adam is good people and he's a great guy to do business with.

If anyone is interested, I've got a couple of extra 14.5/16.5" barrel-length HK416 rear BUIS that I'm willing to part with for cheap.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The dots are located (well, for the 14.5/16.5" barrels, anyway...) under the "2" on the sight drum...you have to rotate it to the forward position to be able to see it. I don't know where the single dot is for the 10.5" barrel sight (maybe under the "1"...?).

Yup, Adam is good people and he's a great guy to do business with.

If anyone is interested, I've got a couple of extra 14.5/16.5" barrel-length HK416 rear BUIS that I'm willing to part with for cheap.
Send me a PM, Im interested in the rear BUIS.

thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts