HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Maybe in the future we can buy a whole bunch of cheap French surplus HK416's.

I can see the CDNN sales flyer now:

"Never shot...Only dropped once!"

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Maybe in the future we can buy a whole bunch of cheap French surplus HK416's.

I can see the CDNN sales flyer now:

"Never shot...Only dropped once!"
looks like the AR-15 system is taking the world one country at a time, mwahahahaha. Stoner def got the design and ergo's of the gun correct.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
looks like the AR-15 system is taking the world one country at a time, which works for me. Stoner def got the design and ergo's of the gun correct.
You got that right. Kinda funny how the whole AR15 thing pretty much exploded in worldwide popularity with the HK416. People said the AK47 was the most common rifle on earth....I think it might be AR15's in the next 5 years though.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The best part for AK purists, look at the new AK12 and tell me what the Russians are trying to make it look like. Railed forend, collapsible stock...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The best part for AK purists, look at the new AK12 and tell me what the Russians are trying to make it look like. Railed forend, collapsible stock...

hmmmmm sounds westernized.......bahahahaha, Let's face it any rifle will have a hard time competing with the AR-15 design. Try as the Russians like their rifles will never feel as good as ours.:100000:

·
Registered
578 Posts
hmmmmm sounds westernized.......bahahahaha, Let's face it any rifle will have a hard time competing with the AR-15 design. Try as the Russians like their rifles will never feel as good as ours.:100000:
More like 60 years of engineering around a flawed design paired with some good German know-how, and now it's a viable design ;)

-W

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
More like 60 years of engineering around a flawed design paired with some good German know-how, and now it's a viable design ;)

-W
I group pistons and DI together into the AR-15 platform. The HK416 is an AR-15 platform its just a piston system, so yes our AR-15 platform is probably the best there is.

I also have to say piston systems are not new in the AR-15, Colt did it in '69 but HK did not start the piston design, but again thats a discussion for another topic.

ETA: paging AGR someone needs to school that Vek guy on that link in the OP>

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't count on surplus HK 416's from the French army. They will be either destroyed or deactivated.

I'm tired about French bashing so please stop it. Thanks.

By the way, all of this is rumour now. I don't buy it until announced from an official French army's source.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yeah, we don't need to bash the french. They'll just give up so it's no fun.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I have not heard if this is confirmed or not. Frankly I am doubtful that it is for the entire French Army but hopeful for the French troops that it is in fact true. In speaking with a new Legionnaire last week he told me they cannot get through a 30 round magazine with the FAMAS without stoppages. They did recently select a replacement I'm told for their 7.62mm GPMG's so maybe there is truth to the rumor.
May learn more next week at the European Small Arms Symposium.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have not heard if this is confirmed or not. Frankly I am doubtful that it is for the entire French Army but hopeful for the French troops that it is in fact true. In speaking with a new Legionnaire last week he told me they cannot get through a 30 round magazine with the FAMAS without stoppages. They did recently select a replacement I'm told for their 7.62mm GPMG's so maybe there is truth to the rumor.
May learn more next week at the European Small Arms Symposium.
G3Kurz
Agreed G3 kurz. Hopefully the rumors are true b/c the HK416 looks like a great replacement for the FAMAS. HK's pusher rod system seems much better than the lever delayed blowback of the FAMAS.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Last I checked, the French economy was in a sad state. I'm not familiar with their procurement procedures though or if they're anything like what has to happen in the US. Any insight into that?

-W

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
IIRC the 416 rumor quite a while ago after their SF had major stoppages in battle due to sand ingressing into the actions of the FAMAS
and a near by Polish (?) group with 416s were able to bail them out. (If you have more info, please add).

It would be very interesting over the next 10 years to see who does end up adopting the 416. And just a note on history, the first
official army to adopt the M16 was the British Army!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did not realize how old the FAMAS design was. Found that interesting. It's about time they decided on a new design.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Last I checked, the French economy was in a sad state. I'm not familiar with their procurement procedures though or if they're anything like what has to happen in the US. Any insight into that?

-W

no as bad at the PIIGS

France still has the market cornered in biotech and medical etc. Lets face it, no ones economy is stellar nowadays

I for one dont see an AR-15 when I look at the HK416. Maybe a silhouette but thats where it stops for me, the 416 platform is executed 10 times better than anything Colt ever produced.

·
Banned
879 Posts
the 416 platform is executed 10 times better than anything Colt ever produced.
With all the parts comminality between the two, that's a little excessive.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts