HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unless of course we elect a Dem in Nov of next year and have a new "assault weapon ban" a year later.....and then those 416 uppers will be selling for $10K........

·
Registered
279 Posts
This guy was selling complete 416s less receiver (all internals) mag, manual sling and sights for $4200 in May. He was selling uppers for $3600. so actually his price is going up!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Unless of course we elect a Dem in Nov of next year and have a new "assault weapon ban" a year later.....and then those 416 uppers will be selling for $10K........

Not if we actually do something about it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
IF you're allowed to sell them and they're not immediately penned into contraband status in the next "ban".

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IF you're allowed to sell them and they're not immediately penned into contraband status in the next "ban".
We can only hope that they listen to Carville on this topic and know that gun control is a loser political issue.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Wow! I just passed out from holding my breath so long waiting for a civillian 416! did I miss anything while I was out cold???? LOL!!!!:20000000:

·
Registered
518 Posts
They will also have to make a semi-auto version of the rifle because even if LEO's could buy them easily from within the U.S., all 416's are select-fire.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Freeze em!

Dont buy em!! Hold out for a year and with little demand at the high prices they will have to come down. Supply and demand even works with HK products. Be strong and patient and we will reap the rewards.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't ever see them getting any lower than $2500 at the lowest. Unless they start making them here for civilians. It wouldn't be worth it to buy a whole HK416 for around $2000 (as a PD or dealer) and sell the upper and not turn a good profit!

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I don't ever see them getting any lower than $2500 at the lowest. Unless they start making them here for civilians. It wouldn't be worth it to buy a whole HK416 for around $2000 (as a PD or dealer) and sell the upper and not turn a good profit!
Yeah, a $3000 profit! I am in the wrong business!

·
Registered
870 Posts
As long as people are willing to pay, the prices won't go down. The only thing that will help is if more 416 uppers end up on the open market.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just curious, where are these even coming from?
Interesting question. The last post I read about this was that HK had stopped sales of the "UPPER KITS" in November 2006. Mine came from a demilled Sample. If these recent kits are "cut up" samples, why are so few of them "complete less receiver, with the stock, recoil booster/spring, grip, lower internals and sights" ? If that (demilled samples) is the only way to put these parts on the market, it would seem that it would limit how many there will be as I think there is a limit of two samples of the same gun per dealer unless the dealer makes a special application. Anybody know for sure? BoomFab, are you out there?

·
Registered
38 Posts
You do realize that a complete non-taxed (LEO and military don't pay excise tax on firearms and ammo) 416 costs about $1,000? Hk priced them so they would be competitive with the Colt M-4 series which sells for just a bit less (about $900 IIRC). For the military when it comes to the M-16 and the M-4, Colt has been the main supplier for many years.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Interesting question. The last post I read about this was that HK had stopped sales of the "UPPER KITS" in November 2006. Mine came from a demilled Sample. If these recent kits are "cut up" samples, why are so few of them "complete less receiver, with the stock, recoil booster/spring, grip, lower internals and sights" ? If that (demilled samples) is the only way to put these parts on the market, it would seem that it would limit how many there will be as I think there is a limit of two samples of the same gun per dealer unless the dealer makes a special application. Anybody know for sure? BoomFab, are you out there?
You're 100% correct. HK limits the number of post-sample guns each dealer can buy. Once a CLIII dealer has purchased 2 416s and parted them out for profit, he/she can't really get anymore (unless the dealer is ordering some for sale to a local P.D.). So theoretically, there will be a finite number of 416 uppers that trickle into civilian hands.

It's a shame that the the lowers can't transfer too. The 416 has the nicest trigger I've ever experienced on a select fire AR.

On the cost - dealers have to pay a WHOLE LOT more than $1000. We have to pay the Federal Excise Tax (which L.E. departments don't). And the wait for the guns to clear customs and come out of bond can be upwards of 12 months, OR MORE!

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 416 can cost $800-1400 for government users, depending on the size of the order and what comes with it.

Excise tax is only 11%, other costs can't seriously jack the price up that much higher.

Anyways what we see are SOTs taking advantage of the Hk name to make a quite a bit of money. This only hurts Hk in the eyes of a consumer, talk to Bill Range rat and he will see "Look at how overpriced Hks are, they are selling their M-4 for $4,000 compared to a Colt for $1,200."

Then again Hk could care less about the consumer market, let alone the consumer Rifle market.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts