HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to put this.....
Has anyone attempted a HK416C build?
I see the collapsible stocks at hkparts.
If you have done a 'C' build, what did you do for the barrel?
Did you cut a MR223 barrel all the way down to 'C' length? Who did this for you?
Would love to hear any info that you have.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,585 Posts
I think the 416C still has a 10.4" barrel. I could be wrong.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,585 Posts
Actually, it is a shorter barrel than 10.4".....

Anyhow. Good question and a picture to help you day dream while you're at work!

Bigger problem is getting a C-length piston op rod, plus the correct gas block and knowing what size port hole you need drilled into the barrel.

Reactions: Martino

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, it is a shorter barrel than 10.4".....

Anyhow. Good question and a picture to help you day dream while you're at work!

Bigger problem is getting a C-length piston op rod, plus the correct gas block and knowing what size port hole you need drilled into the barrel.
Hence the questions to see if anyone has done such a thing with a 'C' length barrel.
Thanks for the photo

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think the 416C still has a 10.4" barrel. I could be wrong.

Hi there. I'm assuming that this is not your gun (but if it is, then congrats!), but I noticed that this one has both the front and rear folding sights. I was wondering if you could tell me which height the front sight is on that so it will work with the folding rear. I'm planning on going this route for the sights on my 416, even though I will regret the lack of diopters.

Sorry if this is hijack-y.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi there. I'm assuming that this is not your gun (but if it is, then congrats!), but I noticed that this one has both the front and rear folding sights. I was wondering if you could tell me which height the front sight is on that so it will work with the folding rear. I'm planning on going this route for the sights on my 416, even though I will regret the lack of diopters.

That's a 10.4" front sight and it can also be used with the 10.4" Diopter. The barrel length on the 416C's were a little over 9 inches.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Hence the questions to see if anyone has done such a thing with a 'C' length barrel.
Thanks for the photo
Someone has what would be considered C length bbl on GB but the person has no clue who did the work or ?? Very Sketchy. There is a huge issue you will run into, gas port location, gas block location, op rod length, etc..
The bbl is key, without that, pffftt

Marvin Pitts but not sure he would want to play with it to get it to cycle properly.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,585 Posts

She belongs to the gray room. Those are the 33mm sites.

·
Registered
431 Posts
So, this is what a complete 416C looks like.
HK416C.jpg
This is a 416C lower for sale in Europe. How are the ends of the guide rods if you will held in place in the holes in the holes in the receiver?
HK416C Lower.JPG
HK416C rear stock.JPG

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,585 Posts
You have been to the Grey Room correct Oicani? Looks to be an Adjustable Gas block on the C also (screw on the side) correct?
Yes, was lucky enough to be there twice. Yes, that's an earlier adjustable gas block.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,585 Posts

·
Banned
2,011 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,585 Posts
... and according to Bob Schultz, the HK416C has a proprietary bolt carrier and buffer system.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thank You!! I thought that's what it was, I just was never into the C version for several reasons, mainly BC we couldn't get an entire real parts lot or just the main part, the bbl., to build from.
Nothing too special about the BCG other than the fact that the carrier was shortened a small bit and holds the buffer within its tail. The BCG along with the Op-Rod will soon also becoming available on Zib within this coming year. I believe if memory serves me right maybe even within the month or two if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts