HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching for a little while and I cant find anything definitive. Are or where the 416Cs equipped standard with adjustable gas blocks or standard or vented? Or would they be outfitted based on end users request? I guess I am asking if there is a "standard", thanks for any info or direction on reading material.

EJ

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I have been researching for a little while and I cant find anything definitive. Are or where the 416Cs equipped standard with adjustable gas blocks or standard or vented? Or would they be outfitted based on end users request? I guess I am asking if there is a "standard", thanks for any info or direction on reading material.

EJ
To my knowledge, neither, unless "custom build". @Nzfly

Am I correct on this?

Cheers!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ones I have seen, worked on and shot all had a standard, non adjustable gas block.
OK cool, next question....I just watched a video on YT that appears to be at some sort of industry demo range. There is a young man that fires two rounds semi and the remainder of the 20 round mag, he dumps. I note that the bolt did not lock back, is that something common? I ask because I am working on a project and the current configuration (semi only) does the same thing (bolt does not lock open after last round fired).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_WGaA-Fdg

ETA: link to video I am referring to.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,277 Posts
OK cool, next question....I just watched a video on YT that appears to be at some sort of industry demo range. There is a young man that fires two rounds semi and the remainder of the 20 round mag, he dumps. I note that the bolt did not lock back, is that something common? I ask because I am working on a project and the current configuration (semi only) does the same thing (bolt does not lock open after last round fired).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_WGaA-Fdg

ETA: link to video I am referring to.
No, that is not normal. I just watched two videos I have of me shooting and it locked back in both.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I am unaware of HK continuing to make the C model past shortly after it’s introduction. That would predate the advent of the factory vented block uppers by a considerable number of years.

ETA - I am unable to reconcile that sample, but there certainly weren’t production units being sold as the model was discontinued.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
The 416C’s came from the factory with adjustable gas blocks. They also have a very large 2mm vent on the front of the block because of the increased gas pressure being that the gas port is closer to the chamber. There were a handful of contracts that were filled for the 416C, so yes - production C’s were produced and delivered.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,277 Posts
You guys are getting wrapped up around the gas block. The most unique part of the weapon is the bolt carrier and buffer system, which is completely unique. And you certainly will not find any HK parts or HK parts kits to clone one.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/09/21/dsei-09-new-design-hk416-sub-carbine/

Sure about that? I don’t see an adjustable gas block.

ETA - not sure I was precise enough in what I said. I didn’t say no one bought any. I said it wasn’t an offered model for very long before it was discontinued. I. E. A B date code would be a considerable amount of time after they no longer offered the model.
That’s the prototype, pre-production stock on there and all.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are getting wrapped up around the gas block. The most unique part of the weapon is the bolt carrier and buffer system, which is completely unique. And you certainly will not find any HK parts or HK parts kits to clone one.
I should have clarified myself a little better. I have seen the BCG and its proprietary flat spring. Koolaidohyeah has or had one for sale here not long ago. That said the project I am working on is a 9 inch 300BO barrel with some gas port work on the bbl and the inside of the block. The gas system is also "C" length. I am running a standard carbine buffer spring with an HK buffer in a SB PDW brace until I get a stamp back and then I will transition to a PDW style stock. As it is now it runs fine with supers unsuppressed and subs and supers suppressed. It wont lock open on the last round. I got this barrel from Nefarious Arms and intend to do a detailed write up about it and give Marvin his earned props. I am trying to learn the C over all even as it is chambered in 5.56 and my project is 300BO.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also the GB question is because I am toying with an adjustable maybe working but I dont want to get to far away from spec if I can help it....thanks too all for all of the input.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,277 Posts
I should have clarified myself a little better. I have seen the BCG and its proprietary flat spring. Koolaidohyeah has or had one for sale here not long ago. That said the project I am working on is a 9 inch 300BO barrel with some gas port work on the bbl and the inside of the block. The gas system is also "C" length. I am running a standard carbine buffer spring with an HK buffer in a SB PDW brace until I get a stamp back and then I will transition to a PDW style stock. As it is now it runs fine with supers unsuppressed and subs and supers suppressed. It wont lock open on the last round. I got this barrel from Nefarious Arms and intend to do a detailed write up about it and give Marvin his earned props. I am trying to learn the C over all even as it is chambered in 5.56 and my project is 300BO.
I lost you after you started talking about a bunch of clone parts :)

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I lost you after you started talking about a bunch of clone parts :)
Actually you gave me the simple knowledge I was seeking.

My next statement was mostly clarifying what my direction was.

SF Sir

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
That’s the prototype, pre-production stock on there and all.
Im happy to revise my understanding of it. Do you have any actual evidence of that claim? Maybe a search for images of the Malaysian 416c's and we can see what blocks they had.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Im happy to revise my understanding of it. Do you have any actual evidence of that claim? Maybe a search for images of the Malaysian 416c's and we can see what blocks they had.
The link you posted was featuring the prototype HK416C. If you look at the pictures, the stock butt pad, the receiver end plate, lower receiver, and gas block were all changed on the production models. I have tons of real 416C pics I will post later if you’d like.

Here’s one of the SHOT samples sent in by HKO, same as the production models and same as the one in the Gray Room.

https://youtu.be/tiDYW15C1c0

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Are you sure about that??????????????

No disrespect, but at least one parts kit escaped without a barrel and lower receiver :)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
There are actually two different C's in that Firearms blog post. One has the prototype upper. The other has the production version. Both appear to lack adjustable gas blocks. The Grey Room one is a B date code, are you suggesting that HK maintained production of C's into the B date codes?

To be clear, the only thing I am questioning here is if those C that were initially produced and sold (like Malaysia and one other contract), came with adjustable gas blocks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts