61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Beautiful! I know you’re in Canada, but where’d that thing come from? A few of them hit the market?
Yeah, There might be a couple more in the wild, but from what I know this might be the only actual HK417 in Canada. There are few G28 versions out there too. And a bunch of complete 416's as well, and of course lots of 416 uppers.

But in all honesty our MR223/308's is all you need. Despite the semi features and AGB that is really not needed even with Suppressors for most shooters. Canada is actually really good when it comes to HK access.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Very nice.....want to sell the lower?
I would have to export it too the US. Too much work bro. I’m lazy. Lol. I’d rather import from US. Way easier. Still pain the ass though.

US import is very hard from my understanding.

On a side note I was contemplating buying your AH 416 Upper you had for sale. Hopefully next year if I have a good year buisness wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,102 Posts
I would have to export it too the US. Too much work bro. I’m lazy. Lol. I’d rather import from US. Way easier. Still pain the ass though.

US import is very hard from my understanding.

On a side note I was contemplating buying your AH 416 Upper you had for sale. Hopefully next year if I have a good year buisness wise.

Yeah....I don't know squat about import/export rules and regs, and would probably botch it up enough to bring the heat down. Hmmmm so you like that upper huh?
I'll trade you one (1) AH date coded HK416 upper with Remington Defense Hand rail, for one HK417 lower. Deal??? :biggrin:

Hell....start stripping and sending it piece by piece.....JK...JK....JK. :biggrin:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yeah....I don't know squat about import/export rules and regs, and would probably botch it up enough to bring the heat down. Hmmmm so you like that upper huh?
I'll trade you one (1) AH date coded HK416 upper with Remington Defense Hand rail, for one HK417 lower. Deal??? :biggrin:

Hell....start stripping and sending it piece by piece.....JK...JK....JK. :biggrin:
Id rather just buy it off you, plus what HKparts is charging for them I would be getting the short end of the stick. lol

Ah The MR 76 series is practically identical. The gun belongs on a wall of a museum or something lol.

·
Banned
4,102 Posts
Id rather just buy it off you, plus what HKparts is charging for them I would be getting the short end of the stick. lol

Ah The MR 76 series is practically identical. The gun belongs on a wall of a museum or something lol.
Yeah....those clowns are dreaming. I've 417 uppers, and I didn't get through them. I just need the lower now :biggrin:

As for the cost......I dono.....the US $ to the Canadian $......I think you're making out like a bandit. So...tomorrow, just ship the
trigger group....Friday ship the buffer.......just funning.

If you do want that upper, just let me know....I'm sitting on a couple. Waiting on the market to bounce back.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yeah....those clowns are dreaming. I've 417 uppers, and I didn't get through them. I just need the lower now :biggrin:

As for the cost......I dono.....the US $ to the Canadian $......I think you're making out like a bandit. So...tomorrow, just ship the
trigger group....Friday ship the buffer.......just funning.

If you do want that upper, just let me know....I'm sitting on a couple. Waiting on the market to bounce back.
No. Im keeping it. Goes with the 416 complete Gun I have. I might be able to swing a G28 soon. Just waiting on things.

·
Banned
4,102 Posts
No. Im keeping it. Goes with the 416 complete Gun I have. I might be able to swing a G28 soon. Just waiting on things.

OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!! THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!!

You, my friend.....have just become my BFF..... :biggrin:

PLEASE.....by all means....keep me in the loop, as I am more than happy to
accept your ......well.....just keep me in the loop, please.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I tried to find it, but someone recently posted a mangled top rail from a Bobro. The roll pin on the bottom was digging into rail sections and leaving a nice indent mark. Curious how you don't see much Bobro/ADM use from big-name, dialed-in types rarely rock either of these.
Yeah, so...in my eventful absence, I was able to track this down. Leaving it here for posterity

What the Bobro should look like on bottom:

What happened to this dude:

Results:

Story was this cat was running 1 optic between boltgun and AR10. At some point the screws for the recoil lug (which is suspect engineering to begin with) sheered off and that roll pin became the recoil lug. This also raises the question as to the actual amount of tension that's provided by the throw lever. And in searching for this, I also see that Bobro's are 6061 T6...not that it's a deal-breaker but it matters to some (Again, 6061 vs 7075 is why the Geissele's exist).

Good day.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
I only run ADM same with the guys I know in NSW, if they run QD, it’s ADM. Nobody runs QB on Precision Gas or Bolt Guns really. It is no coincidence that almost all the things that come with a QD Mount now come with ADM like ATLAS Bipods..

61 - 75 of 75 Posts