HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
all 11 002.jpg all 11 003.jpg all 11 004.jpg
all 11 005.jpg all 11 001.jpg all 11 006.jpg
I bought this gun for $3,800 with A2 and A3 stocks and 4 40 round mags and 7 25 round mags and a HK SG1 scope mount the gun is very clean and has no claw marks and I'm the second owner of this firearm this gun looks almost new the guy I bought it from bought the gun new in 1975 I'm very happy to add this to the rest of my HK's

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Maybe it is just my eyes, but the mag pictured in the gun looks short; is that an aluminum 20 rounder? Is it the same as the other mags you mentioned in the package (25RD)?

Best,

TC

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good eyes they are 20 round mags i just found out i have 1 aluminum and 6 steel that were still all in a brown paper wrap and there was 3 steel 40 round mags and 1 aluminum 40 round mag that came with the gun

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hang on to that aluminum 20 rounder; those are hard to find and bring a premium when they are up for sale. I don't think I've ever seen a steel 20 rounder. Did you lay the aluminum one on top of the steel ones to see if they are the same size? All of the steel ones that I have are 25 round mags. I know the 40's came in aluminum and steel.

Very envious of your new acquisition. :)

Best,

TC

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are right again my friend i just pulled one of the steel ones out of the paper and its longer so they are 25 round steel mags all with an IE date code

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Even the steel 25 round mag are worth $60-$75 a piece. I know $3800 sounds like a lot of money, but when you add up the cost of mags, SG-1 scope mount, the slim forearm, and a matching A3 stock, you came out like a bandit for a 1974 HK43.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just went through my safe and i have 4 of them 20 round mags what are they worth i got 3 of them with a HK93 i bought last month

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice gun and stuff. You do realize that if you put that scope mount on this gun, the gun will not retain the nice finish at the scope mount areas? The mount will scratch the paint so be careful as you may not want to do harm to a nice rifle.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this gun will not ever have a scope mount on it as long as i own it i cant stand when nice old guns have claw marks on them i will save the mount im looking at getting a SR9T right now this mount i have will be great for it if i get the chance to bring that one home also

1 - 11 of 11 Posts