HKPRO Forums banner

641 - 660 of 709 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Just found this photo of a Gen 4 (I think) of a 433 (though I don't think the Gen 5 will be much different in this respect) of the rear of the receiver with the stock folded. Does anyone know or can guess that if you pull the pin that would allow the lower to swing down if you can just pull the guts out the back without the need to at least completely remove the lower?

IMG_4723.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really love the look and ergo of the 433. If all goes well, HK may very well have perfected the AR-18 derivative/based platform.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Now that I've had a few days of experimentation of this, does anyone have any thoughts to offer on if the 433 can take .308 or similarly sized rounds?

As far as the experimentation, I took some photos of the 433 to an image scaling and measuring site. Mind you, I'm very, very doubtful that these measurements are exact or very accurate by any means. But I decided to see what I could come up with. And each time (and I did this with a few photos, and I'll be posting one example) I did the measurement, I came up with measurements in the 71-72mm range for the mag well size as far as the "opening" in the lower (approx distance between the front trunnion and the rear of the mag well).

Here's an example of the image I used to get that measurement:

HK433-Datenblatt - Copy-modified_measure00.png

And here's now I determined the approx TE of the front trunnion:

DE102018001984A1_0018.png

I did this with several photos, and the results fell to within the same range. Granted, I'm extremely doubtful that these results are insanely accurate, between this being a rough and ready program I used (I'm sure AutoCad would be better, but I don't have it), and my un-steady hands and crap eye sight. But I'm still wondering if that could be pointing at something?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last news on the topic in the German news is:

Zeit.de
Luxemburger Finanzholding übernimmt Mehrheit an Heckler & Koch
CDE hält künftig die Mehrheit an dem Schwarzwälder Rüstungskonzern. Die Regierung hat die Genehmigung dazu erteilt. Vorausgegangen war ein firmeninterner Machtkampf.

Handelsblatt.com
WAFFENHERSTELLER
Machtkampf ist entschieden: Finanzinvestor übernimmt Heckler & Koch
Die Waffenschmiede aus dem Schwarzwald hat einen neuen Haupteigentümer aus dem Ausland. Gleichzeitig gibt es neue Probleme mit Gewehren von Heckler & Koch.

The luxembourgish holding CDE (Compagnie de Développement De L’Eau) has now the majority of HK since July 2020. Previously there was an internal power struggle. The German ministry of economics gave the permission to CDE to buy HK. CDE already has HK stocks since 2015, but now has 60%. The guy behind CDE is the french investor Nicolas Walewski, whose family has a big fortune.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'm still doing some measurements, now that I know the approx length front to rear of a NATO Stanag mag. It seems that maybe the 433 def can use 7.62mm NATO/.308 sized rounds.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Last news on the topic in the German news is:

Zeit.de
Luxemburger Finanzholding übernimmt Mehrheit an Heckler & Koch
CDE hält künftig die Mehrheit an dem Schwarzwälder Rüstungskonzern. Die Regierung hat die Genehmigung dazu erteilt. Vorausgegangen war ein firmeninterner Machtkampf.

Handelsblatt.com
WAFFENHERSTELLER
Machtkampf ist entschieden: Finanzinvestor übernimmt Heckler & Koch
Die Waffenschmiede aus dem Schwarzwald hat einen neuen Haupteigentümer aus dem Ausland. Gleichzeitig gibt es neue Probleme mit Gewehren von Heckler & Koch.

The luxembourgish holding CDE (Compagnie de Développement De L’Eau) has now the majority of HK since July 2020. Previously there was an internal power struggle. The German ministry of economics gave the permission to CDE to buy HK. CDE already has HK stocks since 2015, but now has 60%. The guy behind CDE is the french investor Nicolas Walewski, whose family has a big fortune.
They had actually owned the shares for a long time since ~5y Heeschen had lien them to CDE it has been a mess there had been several lawsuits about who controls the shares... but now they actually took control over H&K which will be good in terms of.

The German parliament will now decide over the release of the funds required for the first lot of the g36 replacement first week of October. A decision for lot 2-4 and a laser sight is on the schedule for it’s last week in session mid December. So a decision may be announced in the not too distant future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
The G36 replacement deal getting pushed back to late Sept/early Oct is kinda old news. Of course, the reason why has never been entirely made clear. The original announcement/vote was supposed to be in June, but at the 11th hour it got pushed back to early fall. I know that part of the hold up was attributed to short term issues with Covid-19, but the bigger issue is that someone made a complaint to the German Army about basically favoring HK unjustly. That meant that it had to be either Haenel/Caracal (who were the only one's left with a realistic chance of challenging HK) or Sig Sauer Germany.

The former IMO doesn't have the capacity to deliver 120K rifles to the German Army in the time they want them to be delivered, and the other screwed themselves by trying to pitch to the German Army a design covered by issues concerning the ITAR treaty, which Sig Sauer Germany (formerly JP Sauer and Son) got most of their stuff from in recent years. And that's for sure not helped by the fact that Sig Sauer Germany is bankrupt and either being shut down or sold off.

And I really hope that the 433 gets the nod. I respect the 416, but at the end of the day, it's just a gas piston operated AR-15, retaining many of the AR-15's ergonomic issues, namely the non-foldable stock. It's just like how HK's upgrade of the SA80 couldn't fix issues related to the SA80's bullpup layout.

I'm also wondering what Jim is thinking of the possibility of the 433 being .308 Win/7.62mm NATO compatible with the upper? It's kinda a theory, but things I've looked into might be adding up to that.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Also, would one also describe the 433 (or even the G36 and XM8 for that matter) have a form of constant recoil system? Given that on those rifles that the bolt has a fairly long stroke and it seems that the bolt assembly rarely impacts the buffer/recoil spring guide back plate and when it does, does so lightly.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Now the question is does the 433 have a future? Spartanat is reporting that the Haenel MK556 is the likely winner of the German rifle tender.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unless another country somewhere is looking to replace their service rifle, it doesn't look good for the 433.

I don't know what kind of hurdles that the German government and HK execs would have to go through to get a semi-auto 433 in American hands, but it'd be one way to address the R&D costs and the loss of a major contract.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unless another country somewhere is looking to replace their service rifle, it doesn't look good for the 433.

I don't know what kind of hurdles that the German government and HK execs would have to go through to get a semi-auto 433 in American hands, but it'd be one way to address the R&D costs and the loss of a major contract.
Would HK still have to jump through the hoops of getting it exported since it technically isnt a military rifle since it has no contracts?

641 - 660 of 709 Posts