HKPRO Forums banner

681 - 700 of 702 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Could be a pipe dream at this stage, but would the 433 be more attractive for export or LE use if it had AR style (well, ACR style) controls with an AR-15/416 ambi-mag release and a lowered bolt catch (like the ACR/Grot/early 433 prototypes)?

I think HK did say that they were willing to sell the 433 with both the G36 (paddle mag release) and 416 (push button) mag release systems depending on customer requests.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heard that Germany canceled the contract because HK sued Haenel for patent infringement, anyone else hear that?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Heard that Germany canceled the contract because HK sued Haenel for patent infringement, anyone else hear that?
Read the thread about it... Haenel submitted a mag with their rifle that is supplied by Oberland which allegedly infringes Magpuls IP. According to today’s statement HK for the first time submitted enough evidence in their protest against the procurement decision forcing them to withdraw. HK didn’t sue Haenel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Read the thread about it... Haenel submitted a mag with their rifle that is supplied by Oberland which allegedly infringes Magpuls IP. According to today’s statement HK for the first time submitted enough evidence in their protest against the procurement decision forcing them to withdraw. HK didn’t sue Haenel...

Any chance you can link the thread?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Actually, the big one seems to be that HK are now arguing that Haenel is using OTB (over the beach) parts based on the 416's patents.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
interesting.... I have to say, I wondered if something along these lines was gonna happen?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I have a question about something I've seen so far only on the 433. In these photos, take a look at the trailing sections of the muzzle device. There's cuts in them as well as ports. Anyone have any guesses as to what their purpose may be?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Depends on US and German/EU export requirements, how much a market there is, and what happens with LE/AF contracts. Here in the US for rifles, there's the AK crowd, AR-15/AR-10 crowd, FN FAL crowd, HK roller lock crowd, and the "I don't want an AR or AK crowd", who gravitate to stuff like the FN SCAR, CZ Bren 2 and Steyr AUG. The 433 would be a good civvy rifle, but it's also going up against some good ones, too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have two B&T APC223's that are great but I sure would like to switch them over to 433's if possible. Has anyone here actually held a HK 433 and an APC223 to compare the two?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I've wondered why the 433's lower near the trigger mechanism is so much narrower looking than the SCAR, Bren 2, and even the G36. I then saw a Bren 2 lower made to use AR-15 trigger mechanisms and AK-47 mags for the 7.62x39mm Bren 2 MS. Is the narrow lower because of/made possible by using the 416's trigger mechanism (which I understand is HK's version of the AR-15 trigger mech)?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Finally something new--433/437 (.300 Blackout version of the 433) will be the subject of a mag article on All4Shooters. Preview pic showing size of the 437 SBR next to a MP5 SD:

Also note altered controls and what appears to be a new pattern of bolt catch/release.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
modular grip, a la the P30, very interesting. Sadly, I don't think we will be seeing the 433, or any version there of, in this doomed country anytime soon...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Crazy how far we've come.

@LCSO264, keep the faith brother. Just read an older article about a fascinating individual who also openly endorsed HRC 4 years ago and felt like 2016 election was the "death of all hope and progress." It's always the end of the world when the shoe is on the other foot...always sore losers and abysmal winners in toxic merry-go-round. The only constant I've seen through now 7 administrations, is that you're on your own. Best to stay sharp, be intelligent, keep your own house in order and be an example. (Rant off)

Fear not our politics, many of our allies are watching our NGSW program with interest as the gun/armor looney tunes arms race continues. IF (and that's a skeptical "if") we follow through, others will follow and the 433 won't matter. And if (more likely) the NGSW hits a wall, everyone will likely hold fast with what they've got...and the 433 won't matter. It's bad timing and climate for someone to make the hard push for the 433 on a large scale. Hopefully the 437 as a niche' weapon will help the situation.

Crazy how much smaller the footprint is for a potentially more reliable and more effective system. That pic REALLY illustrates how far we've come as many of us saw the era when that MP5SD was the apex of that type of tech.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I do hope that the article has a pic of the rifle disassembled and we get a preview of the internals and if any of the controls have indeed changed. The upper in the photo looks like the Gen 5 433's, but the lower has an AR-15 type mag release and what appears to be a relocated lever type of bolt catch/release.

681 - 700 of 702 Posts