HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my HK45 today. I am happy to have a VERY low serial number but I am a bit disappointed in the case and extras versus the P30. I am suprised they only included an unfitted case, 2 backstraps and no ability to change the side panels. I guess I just thought they would be the same.

I am hoping my mind will change when I take it to the range.

Just had to share my .02

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was actually a little relieved that they did not include the side-panel feature on the HK45. Just seems a little complicated and doo-daddish for a serious gun to have so many removable little parts..however, when I looked at the P30, they seem to have done a good job of that particular function. It IS HK, after all! I want one, I just had to put the fund to work on the .45 first. I think you will like it. The "clamshell" does not compare well to the old modular case, though, I'll give you that one!

·
Registered
28 Posts
First off Bob, LOVE the handle. Huge Stephen Hunter fan here. Although his last book was a bit off the mark...Bob the Nailer as a Samurai?

Anyway, I understand the reason no side panels was that the HK45 was designed primarily for possible military contracts, and fitting the "smaller statured" shooters hands took priority. Interchangable side panels on the 45 would have resulted in a grip size same as the full size USP 45. And I don't understand either why a top notch pistol comes in such a low bidder case, without even a cleaning brush. But, it shoots great, and I guess that is what it all really comes down to. Let us know how you like it!

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
I think if they molded/milled in the rails for removable side panels it would have required a wider grip, which is contrary to one of the main upgrades in the HK45..... I love the removable back straps though, I put the smaller on on mine, and look out, it fits my hand and everyone elses who have tried it like a glove....

I agree withe the case though... although I think I am going to get an extray tac case for mine... I would have liked a 3rd mag, but hell, I'm just glad it was finally released, if a cheesy case is the worst thing about the gun, HK did good....

·
Registered
817 Posts
however, when I looked at the P30, they seem to have done a good job of that particular function.
Plastic engineering and design is an artform. They did a great job. Considering the fit or these plastic parts, the interchangeability and the design of the complex surfaces that make up the panels and grip, it's really something alot of people don't appreciate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts