HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here have a new in box HK45 or HK45C?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm currently considering buying an HK45C that the seller claims is NIB. I wanted a German full size HK45 so my only other HK was purchased used, I don't have anything to compare the sellers alleged "new in box" HK45C to.

I live in California, the stupid handgun roster keeps us from having off roster handguns shipped in or purchasing them at a local FFL unless we are roster exempt(LEO) or have an immediate relative that lives outside of CA and that can gift us these off roster guns. Currently our only option is purchasing off roster handguns from people who already own them within the state.:rolleyes: If it wasn't for the stupid roster, I would just buy a NIB one from an FFL.

These are the pictures the seller provided:

GetFileAttachment-1.jpg

textfree954068310649049521689.jpg

GetFileAttachment.jpg

GetFileAttachment-2.jpg

In my opinion, based on the ware at the top of the chamber and the ware on the barrel, it appears that this gun was test fired (25-50 rounds), the original buyer didn't like it and has decided that it is "new in box" wink wink.

What say you?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have two NIB :)

You may be right. Hang on.....let me see if I can show you. I have two factory NIB with the grease still on them. They are FDE so yeah....but the one I am taking photo's of has only been dry fired.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Looks pretty close to NIB, they last forever so if can get a decent price, they're great Funs!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
If you can get it at a good discount to a new gun I'd go for it. The 45c is a great gun and 25-50 rounds is insignificant. Factoring in your California situation I could even see paying new gun price even if you think the gun is slightly used. After all what are your chances of finding a better deal out there?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
looks good enough/close enough to me

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I think the correct term is lnib, or like new in box. Its only new once, from the dealer to the original purchaser. Some states have laws prohibiting selling something as new if it has already been sold to a consumer once.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So the guy wanted $1300 for it, it is German made, 1 magazine. Not a problem because I have a ****load of HK45 magazines. It's certainly not a GREAT deal out in the free states but here in CA it seems releasable since it's German????

Haven't been able to find another German HK45C even on gunbroker. How much of a premium would one pay even in the free states for a German made like new in box HK45C? What is reasonable out there? Do German ones even go for a slightly higher premium?

I have two NIB :)

You may be right. Hang on.....let me see if I can show you. I have two factory NIB with the grease still on them. They are FDE so yeah....but the one I am taking photo's of has only been dry fired.
Thanks a lot for the pics man, you went above and beyond of what I was asking!

If you can get it at a good discount to a new gun I'd go for it. The 45c is a great gun and 25-50 rounds is insignificant. Factoring in your California situation I could even see paying new gun price even if you think the gun is slightly used. After all what are your chances of finding a better deal out there?
There is no such thing as a discount here in CA :biggrin:

What part of Komifornia are you buying it from? That would tell me a lot.
Seller was in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
553 Posts
don't look fired, that the slide has been racked yes, seems like you don't have many other options, if you want the gun been in Komemierfornia.

·
Registered
18 Posts
that gun is not NIB, but with an HK45 it simply doesn't matter. these are pistols meant for hard use. further the low pressure 45acp round is relatively easy on any pistol. the gun will outlive it's owner. heaven forbid it has been shot a ton just swap in a new o-ring and that should restore a tight barrel lockup. basically i wouldn't worry about it. buy it and shoot the snot out of it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
50-100-200 rounds is not big deal for pistols that run 40k cycles or my. As long as the exterior is a clean like the internal parts and you can save some money and help someone out, go for it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks good to me. My guns show more wear than that by the time they get the first round through them. I always bring them home, clean, lube, and rack/dry fire practice for a while before I even go shoot it. Helps me build up some trigger memory before I start running rounds through it. Also works well for breaking in the recoil springs. Some people have a problem with lighter ammo on new guns when the springs are new. I've never had an issue.

Looks great to me. I'd buy it without worrying about it one bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts