HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know if you all would see this at the end of my other thread, so I created this one. You can really tell the difference between the USP and HK45 here. and keep in mind the pic comparison is an USP 45 Compact and the HK45 Fullsize, and the HK45 makes the Compact look like Shrek's wife. I can't wait for the HK45 compact now, and before holding them side by side, I wasn't sure if i really wanted one or not. So, here they are.

The other pictures are to illustrate that the HK45's 10 round mag fits perfectly in the USP compact. So it looks like the USP compact and HK45c will actually be the same mags, which is great as I have tons of them... =)

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can see how much lower the HK45 is by looking at the cutout where the hammer goes. the HK45 is much closer to the top of the slide than on the USP.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow, if the USP compact mags fit the HK45, it would be great! Can you verify that? Will the USPc mags be flash with the bottom of the grip? ALthough they hold 8 rds, it would be great for carrying HK45.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The USP compact mags fit in the HK45 compact, they are too short for the HK45 Fullsize obviously. but the HK45c and USPc mags are interchangable, and the HK45f mags will fit in either of the compact guns. just like the p2000 to p2000sk relationship.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hmm, looks like a Jet funnel would fit on the compact without any major modifications (magazine wise, we all know what you need to make it fit on a .45)

·
Registered
288 Posts
The width of the USP and USPc slides was one of the biggest drawbacks to these weapons. I am glad to see how much slimmer the new models are. Can't wait for the HK45c either.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is a good pic of the size comparison of the two. How are the sights on the new HK45, are they the super luminova whatever things?

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is a good pic of the size comparison of the two. How are the sights on the new HK45, are they the super luminova whatever things?
Sadly, they are the Superluminova.

Is that some optical illusion or are the two guns almost the same length. The one I fondled today (so glad I left my credit card at home) looked to be the same size as the USP45F. Your pics make it look like its almost the samesize as the compact. Wonder what holsters fit it. I am going to see what I can get for my G21 and MP9 tomorrow at the gun show so I may be the proud owner of one of these puppies.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks for the pics jsbowen! That is exactly the comparison that alot of us have been looking for.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is the grip on the HK45 noticeably slimmer or larger than the USP compact .45? I always liked the feel of those grips.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I know looks aren't important and I know we're each entitled to our opinions and personal tastes but... am I the only one who thinks these new HK's are ugly as sin??? They look like S&W handguns now. I'm really saddened by this - kind of like when BMW decided to drastically change the design of their cars. The USP's have such a presence - one of the reasons they're so often used in cinema. Do you see a p30 or HK45 taking it's place? I don't know - just some thoughts. I hope they don't discontinue the USP series.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The USP is, was and always be ugly as hell. So is this. These guns were designed by engineers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The USP is one mean, sexy looking bitch named Lola!!! This looks like her slightly uncoordinated, lanky gay brother Ted. lol.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
LOL. Your nuts! I remember when the USP came out. Everybody sat around laughing at how uncoordinated, lanky and gay looking it was.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts