HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an HK45 from a local LGS.. came with a Laserlyte Laser and Meprolight sights. Hardcase was marked "EB Special". Anyone know what this stands for? Is it some sort of distributor special?

Shot her tonight and good lord I thought I was shooting a 9mm! TLG wasn't kidding about how soft shooting the HK45 is. Ridiculously easy to shoot accurately too.. 7-8 shot groups sub 1" @ 10 yds with virtually no effort on my part. Man why didn't I pick one of these bad boys up sooner?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I think EB means Electron Beam, which explains your awesome groupings. :wink:
Congrats on owning one of the best!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe it stands for Ellet Brothers. I have the same pistol. However, I replaced the laser with a Viridian X5L. Night sites are very nice and worth it alone for the money.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
Awesome looking gun there bro! Congrats!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just picked one up myself, from Cross Creek yesterday!
Same package with Tru-Dots and Laser?

Question to HK45 users: while my groups were tight and easy to shoot at speed I noticed my shots were going consistently right about 2" @ 10 yds. I'm used to the USP type grip and trigger and the HK45 is a bit of a different animal. Any advice on grip to resolve this minor issue? Thank you.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any tips regarding grip or trigger finger placement on the HK45 would be appreciated. As I recall, It seemed like at the last moment before the shot breaks the muzzle would torque very slightly to the right. My best guess is that this is something to do with the trigger or trigger finder placement.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Same package with Tru-Dots and Laser?

Question to HK45 users: while my groups were tight and easy to shoot at speed I noticed my shots were going consistently right about 2" @ 10 yds. I'm used to the USP type grip and trigger and the HK45 is a bit of a different animal. Any advice on grip to resolve this minor issue? Thank you.
No, just the plain jane model.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Different triggers? Slow fire/dry fire training will improve it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gentlemen, please disregard the above.. I have adapted myself to this fine piece of Teutonic engineering. No problemo. HK45 ftw.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Nice grab, and the HK45 is a beautiful pistol I plan on buying a few more. At least two more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts