HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems like most threads about HK45/HK45c CCW holsters are about 10+ years old and there's not much discussion about this at all. Does anyone CCW these anymore? Are there holsters still available to carry these? New kydex IWB holsters like Tier 1 Concealed don't seem to even make anything for the HK45 series.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Regarding carry, the HK45C carries about the same as a Glock 19, perhaps a little better (Due to the grip angle) if you get the LEM and use flat base plates.

I recently ordered a concealment express holster for my HK45CT and I had it at my house 2 days later and it is as good as any other kydex I have tried. The 45CT holster will also fit the regular 45C. I would definitely recommend them if you want a quality holster quickly as they offer 2-day shipping for in-stock holsters and they stock a very large variety.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
I don't know how so many holster companies can exist. Do we all buy 12 holsters per gun?

Anyway, I have stealthgear ventcore IWB for everything. 45c gets carried about the same amount as p2k. Poor P30sk has turned into nightstand gun.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I carry an HK45C/T regularly. Blackpoint "wing" holster, if I remember the name right, is what I use. Its sort of a leather/kydex hybrid holster. They're normally 100$ and take months to make, but I scored mine on ebay for $35. It's a great holster.

I also use a Safariland GLS 'duty style' holster when I'm out on my property/hog hunting and concealment doesn't matter.

Its a great all around pistol, in fact I'd dare say that its THE best, most versatile .45 pistol currently made. You've got 8 or 10 round mag options, a good grip length without being too big or too short, reasonable barrel length (the Tactical version gives full-size performance with a less obtrusive frame size). It truly is the most capable all-around 45 pistol available today. Sure the HK45/USP45 are slightly better shooters, but most people cant/wont carry one daily.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I used to daily carry an HK45c. I sold the gun as I was moving into some higher end 1911s and such, but in the last 8 months or so I’ve been rebuilding the HK inventory. I saved my JM Custom Kydex holster for it so when I get around to picking another one up I’ll be ready to roll. As someone else mentioned, you should check them out. My go to for Kydex holsters.

·
Registered
81 Posts
One of the benefits of using HK guns that I've noticed is that I no longer value production holsters, and custom companies such as JM/Odin etc are so much better that I wouldn't want anything else.

Personally, the HK45 series is destined to be niche, and most holster companies dont want to support it. 45 is niche, hk is niche, hk45 is nicheniche. But thankfully, you can always go custom, and thats a better product anyway.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
vedder light tuck
I like their holsters but don’t you happen to find their belt clips to be very sharp and unusually hard to clip on, remove or adjust? I wish they would give an option for a polymer clip design. But their Kydex is very good as is their click retention! Just those darn belt clips.. ouch.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Now days I don't carry my 1911s or Sig 220 do to weight, so my logical choice is an HK .45C in a TT gun leather, flat mag base on the carry mag.

·
Registered
P30sk v1
4 Posts
I don't know how so many holster companies can exist. Do we all buy 12 holsters per gun?

Anyway, I have stealthgear ventcore IWB for everything. 45c gets carried about the same amount as p2k. Poor P30sk has turned into nightstand gun.
You ain’t lying. I have a freaking Rubbermaid container full of old holsters.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The HK45 mags also fit in the 45c. if you intend to carry it - both are pretty good size.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve got an order in with Bulman Gunleather for a PDL my USP 45. I’m gonna try to carry the big boy. I’m fairly tall so it might work out. Might try one for my USP 9 as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a 1791 leather IWB holster when I got my 45C earlier this year. Holds it perfect. I haven't actually carried it yet but plan to soon. That 1791 is now my favorite holster.
EDIT: The holster was actually for the HK 45 and 45c per the box. That surprised me and that they had it in LH in my LGS.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts