HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any other LE's out there or anyone else that wants to. Please call or email Safariland so they know that there is interest in getting duty holsters out on the market for our HK45's. I called tham today and the nice lady said that the more contacts they had the more likely they would get working on it. In the mean time I'm going to be checking different models to see if anything is close.
Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Larry Vickers told me they had one in the works.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was speaking with Safariland yesterday to see where my P30 holster was (shipping out today), and I asked about holsters for the HK45. I was told in the beginning of the year.

When I get my P30 holster and when I can pick up my HK45, I will see if it fits in the P30 holster.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kenji. That is good news. The person you talked to obviously knew a lot more than the person I talked to. Let us know if it fits.
Thanks, Ben

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
Are you talking about a duty holster, thigh rig, or concealemant? Or all? How about Bladetech?
The original poster's comments pretty specifically refer to Safariland duty holsters for LEO's. However, I'm sure that everyone who would purchase one of these fine handguns would benefit from having many manufacturers produce holsters for it so feel free to contact Bladetech.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I'll call them next week, I want a model 6280 with light attached duty holster in basket weave...... Oh, and a 6004 with light....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll call them next week, I want a model 6280 with light attached duty holster in basket weave...... Oh, and a 6004 with light....
Funny, that's exactly what I asked them about. Great minds think alike!
BladeTech, CompTac etc. we want them all in on the fun. Lets ring some phones and send some emails. The more we do it the quicker we'll get a result.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Funny, that's exactly what I asked them about. Great minds think alike!
BladeTech, CompTac etc. we want them all in on the fun. Lets ring some phones and send some emails. The more we do it the quicker we'll get a result.
I called Comp-Tac last week about holsters for the P30 and HK45 and they said there was no immediate plans for them but they would start making them if there was alot of interest. Please call and ask them to start making them. They make great holsters and I would love to have their paddle holster for range/class use.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called Comp-Tac last week about holsters for the P30 and HK45 and they said there was no immediate plans for them but they would start making them if there was alot of interest. Please call and ask them to start making them. They make great holsters and I would love to have their paddle holster for range/class use.
Will do. I like their holsters to.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I will call and ask. I am sure they will have them soon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My HK45 will be here soon, and duty leather is the only thing that seems to be a bump in the road.

I'd love to see a Safariland duty holster that will accomodate a condition one HK45 with an X200/X300 attached. I really like Comp-Tac's product, and I like their customer service even more. For plain clothes work or off-duty a Comp-Tac holster would be great, especially if we can convince Mark to offer one that accomodates a light.

Right now I'm using a custom Black Hills Leather holster. Rudy Lozano is the man at Black Hills, and he was very easy to deal with. I'm very happy with Rudy's work. I'd post a pic, but I can't quite figure out how----scratch that, just figured it out.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just got an email back from Randy at Comp-Tac. He said they will offer holsters for the HK45, but it will likely take several months as they have several guns ahead of the HK to make molds for, and it takes months to make a mold.

He also said they will likely not be able to offer anything for the HK45 with a mounted light. :170000:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news and bad news huh. We'll keep the pressure on for a light mounted version. There are so many lights out there that this may be the problem and that is understandable.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good news and bad news huh. We'll keep the pressure on for a light mounted version. There are so many lights out there that this may be the problem and that is understandable.

You would think they could just make a universal model. Most people use surefire, stream light, or (what's that other one that is pretty inexpensive??)

You would think they could make it so it retains the pistol then has enough room to accommodate the most popular lights with no retention or pressure on them.

I would LOVE if comp-tac made one that worked with a light.

·
Registered
131 Posts
HK45 Condition one with a TLR-1 6004 would be perfect for me.

I REALLY hope safariland makes a holster for these things in condition one, otherwise it would be a huge letdown.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was speaking with Safariland yesterday to see where my P30 holster was (shipping out today), and I asked about holsters for the HK45. I was told in the beginning of the year.

When I get my P30 holster and when I can pick up my HK45, I will see if it fits in the P30 holster.
Did the HK45 fit in the P30 holsters? Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
A couple of holsters that work

Having received my HK45 yesterday, I've tried out a couple of holsters.

1. Galco FX292, which was made for the USPf pistol, fits the HK45 well. This is the suede lined version of their FLETCH holster, so that one should work as well:

2. Blackhawk 410517BK. This has been mentioned before; it is their CQC Serpa holster made for the P30. Mine arrived just today:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts