HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you guys expect them to be legal in California? I am very interested in getting this gun after getting to handle it while I was in Texas. But it is not on the "list" yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
All I can say is.....I have a spare bedroom that I will be happy to rent out....$350.00 a month (or 1800 rounds of 45 acp a month for my new HK45) and all the chicken fried steak you can eat... Seriously, there is no telling. I hear that you can expect 6 to 18 months for firearms to be approved in Cali.

·
Registered
510 Posts
All I can say is.....I have a spare bedroom that I will be happy to rent out....$350.00 a month (or 1800 rounds of 45 acp a month for my new HK45) and all the chicken fried steak you can eat... Seriously, there is no telling. I hear that you can expect 6 to 18 months for fireamrs to be approved in Cali.
you take reloads? LOL

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
when did they fall off the list, i have 3, std, expert, mark23.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I really do feel bad for you CA folks......and this is coming from New Jersey :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
All I can say is.....I have a spare bedroom that I will be happy to rent out....$350.00 a month (or 1800 rounds of 45 acp a month for my new HK45) and all the chicken fried steak you can eat... Seriously, there is no telling. I hear that you can expect 6 to 18 months for fireamrs to be approved in Cali.
how long to get a Tx Driver Lic? :)

Do i need one to purchase a hand gun? or will an ID card work? I only work 6 days a month as a medic ... this could be good to go :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought the HK 45 did not have a magazine disconnect and therefore would not be eligible for consideration in California.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought the HK 45 did not have a magazine disconnect and therefore would not be eligible for consideration in California.
I just bought a SW MP45 with no mag disconnect... only bought it for a tactical rifle competition, my USP 45c isnt as easy to reload mags, always pinching my hand slamming the mag home, or having to turn the gun in my hand to get to the mag release, but they ended up only allowing stock Glocks, so I have to get another one of those ... but what I really want for a fullsize 45 is the new HK... but nooooo ****n CA is rediculous.

·
Registered
44 Posts
how long to get a Tx Driver Lic? :)

Do i need one to purchase a hand gun? or will an ID card work? I only work 6 days a month as a medic ... this could be good to go :)
OK, write this down so when you come out there will be no surprises....Here is what you will need to purchase a handgun in the State of Texas:

1. A truck (preferably with larger tires in the rear), extra points for loud or dual exhaust.
2. A dog (Any breed will do but the larger the better), extra points for one who will answer to the following names: "Rex", "Jake", "Bear", or "Dog"
3. At least 1 "ex-wife", preferably estranged, and must live in a house that you pay for.
4. A Cowboy hat. a ball cap may suffice but must display one of the following emblems to be considered viable: "M&G Feed", "Tractor Supply Co.", "Ford", "Chevy"....You get the idea.

Now, I know our handgun buying rules are slightly different than most but its served our State well. Let me know when you have acquired the "List" and we'll get you settled in nicely....

·
Registered
510 Posts
OK, write this down so when you come out there will be no surprises....Here is what you will need to purchase a handgun in the State of Texas:

1. A truck (preferably with larger tires in the rear), extra points for loud or dual exhaust.
2. A dog (Any breed will do but the larger the better), extra points for one who will answer to the following names: "Rex", "Jake", "Bear", or "Dog"
3. At least 1 "ex-wife", preferably estranged, and must live in a house that you pay for.
4. A Cowboy hat. a ball cap may suffice but must display one of the following emblems to be considered viable: "M&G Feed", "Tractor Supply Co.", "Ford", "Chevy"....You get the idea.

Now, I know our handgun buying rules are slightly different than most but its served our State well. Let me know when you have acquired the "List" and we'll get you settled in nicely....
What! No boots!?! And here I spent $300 on a pair of Tony Lama's

·
Registered
15 Posts
They would have to make a special CA version with mag disconnect. And since the micro stamping just passed they might just say screw CA for good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This thread was from 2007. It is now 2012 and the P30 and HK45 are still not legal in California. Sad.

·
Registered
815 Posts
This thread was from 2007. It is now 2012 and the P30 and HK45 are still not legal in California. Sad.
It is sad for California, and its residents. Sometimes Californians get it confused, and think they are illegal...when they are simply just not on the approved DOJ list. If we really want them, there are ways to get them - you just need $$$ and patience. For me...it was worth the investment. Only hurt twice. :wink:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts