HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the HK45 passed ATF do you think it has also passed California's testing prior to 2007? Since all new guns have to have a magazine disconnect starting 2007. Could someone ask HK and settle this once and for all? I just want to be able to buy one!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm most likely moving back to California for school, and luckily I can take any pistol I buy here (as long as it's not considered an AW)....so I may have to wait it out for the HK45 and HK45c...and maybe I'll buy a Mark 23 to take home as well. :D

poo on California's laws..but I love the area and I feel I have to graduate from Cal Poly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm most likely moving back to California for school, and luckily I can take any pistol I buy here (as long as it's not considered an AW)....so I may have to wait it out for the HK45 and HK45c...and maybe I'll buy a Mark 23 to take home as well. :D

poo on California's laws..but I love the area and I feel I have to graduate from Cal Poly.
Well, if you happen to have an extra....

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Well as o f2007, it's going to need a magazine disconnect and a loaded chamber indicator. I know it's BS, you know it's BS. But kalifornia is just trying to limit the amount of guns we can buy. It's BS!

I've been waiting forever for the HK45 and now it needs a stupid magazine disconnect. Well at the very least it will have a black frame.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Bring extras, theres a market for unlisted pistols here.

It is illegal for FFL's to import pistols that are not on the list, but totally legal for new residents to import and sell (PPT face to face only) to Calif residents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aye compadrae
Is Kest here ? he should see their smileys.

Bring extras, theres a market for unlisted pistols here.

It is illegal for FFL's to import pistols that are not on the list, but totally legal for new residents to import and sell (PPT face to face only) to Calif residents.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well as o f2007, it's going to need a magazine disconnect and a loaded chamber indicator. I know it's BS, you know it's BS. But kalifornia is just trying to limit the amount of guns we can buy. It's BS!

I've been waiting forever for the HK45 and now it needs a stupid magazine disconnect. Well at the very least it will have a black frame.
Last word from HK was that they had already submitted it to Kalifornia. I'm not an expert on Kali state laws, but in most legal cases, as long as it meets criteria at the time of submission (and there's some documentable evidence to support the submission date) the fact of it getting caught in red tape, or just collecting dust on someone's desk shouldn't make it have to meet the new requirements. Then again, it's Kommie-fornia, and we all know they do things differently there.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Sounds like it is time for you guys out in Commifornia to get some new law makers

·
Registered
34 Posts
CA stinks. If you live in CA, find a friend who's a cop and have him buy it (cops are exempt from the handgun law, and can buy whatever they like, whether or not it's on the approved list). Then, down the road a bit, do a private party transfer from him to you. This is totally legal, and the gun will wind up being in your name.

·
Registered
238 Posts
CA stinks. If you live in CA, find a friend who's a cop and have him buy it (cops are exempt from the handgun law, and can buy whatever they like, whether or not it's on the approved list). Then, down the road a bit, do a private party transfer from him to you. This is totally legal, and the gun will wind up being in your name.
Finding a cop/friend that's willing to do that isn't easy man...

California's laws SUCK, but it is a beautiful state and is wonderful to live in (some areas)...and I HATE living in freezing weather. Plus Cal Poly is a great school to graduate from...and I want to be near the beach.

Plus Salt Lake City ain't that great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can a retired LEO buy an HK 45? And does or will he need a Letterhead from the Chief for approval of the gun purchase, if its not CA approve??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where does it say cops are exempt from the approved list? I have yet to find any information that would suggest otherwise.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where does it say cops are exempt from the approved list? I have yet to find any information that would suggest otherwise.
From CA DOJ

SB 15 EXEMPT TRANSACTIONS The following transaction types are also exempt from the requirements of SB 15:

Sale/transfer/loan of a non-certified handgun that is exempt from the provisions of subdivision (d) of PC section 12072 pursuant to any applicable exemptions contained in PC section 12078 including, but not limited to, the sale to any law enforcement agency or the military for use in the discharge of official duties. This includes sales to a peace officers purchasing a “duty weapon,” provided the officer presents the dealer with a letter from the employing agency indicating that the handgun is to be used in the discharge of the officer’s official duties.

Sale/transfer of non-certified handguns to authorized representatives of cities/counties, or state or federal governments. <snip>

·
Registered
324 Posts
From CA DOJ
<snip> This includes sales to a peace officers purchasing a “duty weapon,” provided the officer presents the dealer with a letter from the employing agency indicating that the handgun is to be used in the discharge of the officer’s official duties. <snip>

I dont think a PD is going to test/certify the HK45 just so that officers can replace their department issued duty weapon with it.

G

·
Hk 45 in cali

I too live in communist cali and have been waiting for the Hk 45. I thought they had ambi safeties. I dont think gun laws will change any soon in here. I dont like the political climate here too. When circumstances permit I will move to a free state.
I am a die hard hk fan. I regret having sold an hk before. It wasnt perfect but it was flawless.
I still hope for the best in California.

·
Registered
886 Posts
My wife and I have thought about moving back to Cali to be close to family. Their capricious state assembly scares me. t's also getting harder to find any place to shoot. If we were to relocate it would have to be the North State. From the Bay Area south gets real flakey real quick. Not sure how many of my guns would fall prey to Cali's draconian laws. I's hate to sell my HK91, USC and high cap pistols. Between that and putting up with the politics I'd have a rough go of it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts