HKPRO Forums banner

HK45 in hand, and I managed to find ONE thing to complain about

3858 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  H&K 4 LIFE
Well, it's been torture looking at y'all's pics and reading opinions (both positive and negative) about your HK45s... I had to wait 10 days, by the time I found one, sent the money and FFL, waited for it to ship back and then wait the three days... TORTURE, I tell you!!!

Some things I noticed:

Finish wearing off the slide stop lever - Mine came perfectly finished, and within one day, I had rubbed the finish off the corners, just by fingering her (have not shot it yet). I really don't care, as long as it doesn't rust.

ErgoGrip - Is just as I remembered it when I got to finger a prototype at the NRA Annual Meeting in St. Louis last April. This thing fits my hand like it was made for it, and the "grippiness" gives extreme confidence of a combat grip one-handed, wet, etc.

The one thing I DID find that I think is a weakness in this design (and I haven't seen it mentioned here before), is that the lanyard loop attachment point is on the removable backstrap, which means it is held on by one roll pin.

I know, I know, this is an EXTREMELY MINOR point. I concur. BUT, I do plan to secure this weapon to me with a lanyard while on-duty. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about dropping it, or someone else trying to take it away, but if I do, that roll pin will be an added worry... Chances of it being a real problem: probably around 1 in 25,000,000. I'd be better off worrying about how to spend my lottery winnings... :)
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Points well taken, and correct points all, including P7M8's! :D :D

In addition to all that was said above, I'd add that a strong advantage for a lanyard is for K-9 officers. When holding a lead with an insane mali-nut at the end, and your handgun in the other hand, it's good to have a lanyard, just in case...

I'm eagerly awaiting the Serpa. I left Safariland awhile ago, and I don't want to go back. (I've become very anti-leather, even the synthetic leathers in my old age - They're just too heavy. :D ) I'm expecting to use a paddle SERPA for off-duty and a SERPA duty holster for on-duty. I just wish they'd get the dang things on the market. (I know the P30 one will fit, but I'm patient. I'll wait for the one that is acknowledged/tested to work with the HK45, just like I'll wait for the LEM kit that HK specifically says is for the HK45.)

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I should have been more specific... Nowadays, I carry on a duty belt or in a paddle holster... If I was wearing an IWB, shoulder holster, or other maximum concealment, then, yes, leather is better. BUT, in those situations I usually don't have 15 lbs of other gear hanging on my belt either... So, I guess it's overall weight. If I gotta wear the duty belt, it's plastic and nylon. If I can wear just a gun, cuffs, light, and badge, I can and often do wear leather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.