HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came in today instead of Monday and all I can say is.....Oh my! Was really sitting on the fence on this buy but after handling a P30 (Really like the ergonomics of the grip) I took the plunge and ordered the HK45.

I have always been a die hard 1911 fan as there was just no other pistol that felt better in my hand. Yeah, I had to deal with the extra weight of carrying an all steel gun and the climate around here really made me feel that weight, but until something better came along I was kinda stuck. That has finally changed.

It took about 2.3 seconds (Maybe less, rapture tends to stretch ones perception of time a bit) to fall in love with the feel of the HK45. The best I can explain it, is it feels just like a 1911 with an arched MSH but without the rear heavy tendencies of the 1911. They have definately lowered the bore axis quite a bit compared to a USP with the HK45. I shoot thumbs high, along the slide, and the HK45 feels damn near identical to my 1911. The rear profile of the HK is slightly higher but not obtrusively so.

Taking my observations in mind, I dont think my split times are gonna change much with this pistol. I generally run around a .20 to .23 with my 1911 so it should run around the same judging simply by feel. I'm heading to the range next Wednesday to put 500 rounds through her. I'll take along the AFUD (Timer) and post a range report if anyone is interested. I'll also shoot some pics and see if anyone can help me out in getting them posted.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dude, STOP WITH THE HK 45 TALK!

"It feels just like a 1911 with an arched MSH"

That's just how I have my 1911s rigged........

Can anyone loan me a grand?

By the way, best HK 45 description yet.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats Sarge! Great writeup on the HK45. Looking forward to reading your range report.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry deadboy.......(wink, wink.....) Your just gonna have to suck it up and drop that grand. The longer you wait...The more upset you'll be that you did. I have been waiting a long time for someone to make a polymer 1911ish pistol that was worth a crap....Leave it to HK to hit it out of the park.....

I could describe it to you till my fingers fall off but I just cant do the "feel" of this thing (Yes....its still attached to my hand as I type) justice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Sarge,
Isn't it like an early Christmas! It was a long wait and many of us didn't know exactly what to expect. Man, has HK delivered. First the P30, which I'm finding hard to resist and then the HK45 which I find hard to put back in the case. I'm glad you took the plunge and I look forward to your range report. Other officers in my PD have pawed my HK and they are, to a man, very very impressed. Just think, we've still got the compact and tactical to look forward to. I still love my Wilson and all my other HK's but this HK45 has grabbed me and won't let go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its funny you brought up "Christmas" Sutton....Thats exactly how I scored my HK45. Ive had the damned thing up on my PC as wallpaper for over a year now and thankfully, I have an observant wife. She dropped a call to a local Police Supply and told them to call her when they were released. They called her Wednesday and I picked it up this morning. I'm on patrol today and typing on this $%&# MDT while driving is going to be the death of me (or someone else) so more to come.....Needless to say...best Christmas present yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
Its funny you brought up "Christmas" Sutton....Thats exactly how I scored my HK45. Ive had the damned thing up on my PC as wallpaper for over a year now and thankfully, I have an observant wife. She dropped a call to a local Police Supply and told them to call her when they were released. They called her Wednesday and I picked it up this morning. I'm on patrol today and typing on this $%&# MDT while driving is going to be the death of me (or someone else) so more to come.....Needless to say...best Christmas present yet.
If I can get another couple of mags and a duty holster, I'll probably start carrying mine on duty too . . .

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wont know until next Wednesday. I will post pics and a range report though.
I can't wait!! Great write up.

Try and get some close up pics of her in action if you can.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I will get some action shots....Diesel, try hkperfection.com for your extra mags....I ordered two of them on thursday evening at $44.95 each I believe. They said that they were in stock.

Some of you will be interested to know that upon returning home from work, I test fit my HK45 into my Blackhawk Serpa holster (For the USPf45) and it fit like a glove. The very top of the front sight made the tiniest bit of contact with the front of the holster which eventually, would cause the finish to wear in that area but I think it will do until a dedicated holster is made....Or, maybe I'll get creative with the dremel this evening...MUHAHAHA!

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
I will get some action shots....Diesel, try hkperfection.com for your extra mags....I ordered two of them on thursday evening at $44.95 each I believe. They said that they were in stock.

Some of you will be interested to know that upon returning home from work, I test fit my HK45 into my Blackhawk Serpa holster (For the USPf45) and it fit like a glove. The very top of the front sight made the tiniest bit of contact with the front of the holster which eventually, would cause the finish to wear in that area but I think it will do until a dedicated holster is made....Or, maybe I'll get creative with the dremel this evening...MUHAHAHA!
Sarge, do you have a coupon code? I just checked the hkperfection.com site and they have them for approx. $48.00/mag

1 - 20 of 31 Posts