HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After i sold my other compact HK .45's i decided to try a HK45 out. I have some disc and nerve damage/problem's in my neck enough of that so recoil was the only reason i sold the compact's! The size and weight of the fullsize might be my ticket i sure hope.

My hand's are xl large making the gun feel great in the hand.

I got the gun from a awesome forum member. Came with 5 extra mag.s and has Heine night sight's on it. The ergo's are great very similar to my P30's. Have not had a chance to shoot it to see how it feel's. Never had Heine's so will see. I did notice that they seem to pick up fast..need to shoot to verify might later. Pic.s below, very excited to say the least.

Not my pic.s the previous owner took them,

By deehkman at 2012-05-18

·
Registered
815 Posts
Congrats deeHkman!!! The full size HK45 is slowly becoming my favorite gun...partly due to the full grip I get on the gun.

Of course recoil is subjective...but I sure hope you like it!!
Keep us posted on the range report.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Very nice brother! If recoil is an issue, and you have large hands like me ... really your best bet is a full size USP .45, nothing shoots softer!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congratulations deeHKman!
My HK45 and HK45c are fantastic Pistols and I will never sell either.
As much as I love the versatility of my HK45c, the full size is the one I would have in my hand if I really needed to use it.
I have converted both of mine to De-cock only.
What trigger configuration does it have?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats deeHkman!!! The full size HK45 is slowly becoming my favorite gun...partly due to the full grip I get on the gun.

Of course recoil is subjective...but I sure hope you like it!!
Keep us posted on the range report.
My only gripe about my HK45c is that it's a little slippery compared to my full size grip. Nothing a little grip tape can't cure uh?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took a walk to try it out...HK's are flat out amazing!! The Heine's i need to get used to but sure come on target nice. The gun sure seem's to track fast for me. Coming from shooting no telling how round's in USP .45's over many year's which i'm thinking about another Kost :wink:. Recoil was very mild but i just shot 230gr target ammo....with this disc degenerating going on no +P's.

Jupiter it has DA/SA with decocker. fifthward i do like a full grip felt great. Been a sick week but Nothing beat's shooting some HK's...Apollo i see that the gun will do no telling how well! thank's all.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats on your HK45! They are fine guns, I like how controlled it shoots for me. Accurate and I feel like I'm more accurate with it too.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Happy now, just wait for the 'Q'!!!!!!!!!
Not quite seem's the last three month's i had everthing break down one after another 2 heat pump's die, taxes and a septic tank. But now thinking about a USP .45 with your other post ;)....you'll see a Q on Mike's order soon. Plus i like alot of mag.'s....ps..i cannot find a Q local so it will be another blind order...

thank's guy's HK's are just my weakness and a great way to relieve stress. My Dr's switched med's again so if it stop's raining i hope to shoot more...across from my house is a river, swamp and no telling how many acre's i went to yesterday..

·
Registered
281 Posts
Very nice brother! If recoil is an issue, and you have large hands like me ... really your best bet is a full size USP .45, nothing shoots softer!!
After 2 years shooting a USP.45 I agree 100%!! In fact, I do so much better with it than with my EDC USPc9 that I'm trying to figure out how to carry the .45 IWB in Central Florida where shorts are mandatory 11 months of the year. BTW, both are SS, and I don't know of any other pistol that looks as nice as these two.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You can't go wrong with that one Brother. I have a couple, Luv them. But like KOST said "the full size USP shoots the softest". At least out of my collection of H&K's my USP.45Tac fullsize shoots the softest. But that's the only full size USP I have. I carry two USP.45c's most of the time. But in the winter when can where a jacket, sometime I carry a HK.45. My wife & kids love them. The HK.45's I have are the goto 1st option for my wife and oldest daughter for home DF. In the STL area there has been a rise in home invasions so I started training them in 2010. We do dry runs at home, and go over different strategies. We pray that we never have to go through a violent encounter, but it's better to prep than not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts