HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am concerned about how my new HK45 is functioning. It is V1 that was converted to LEM using the H&K universal LEM kit. The original hammer spring was retained, but the stock trigger rebound spring was replaced with the heavy TRS that came with the kit.

After I dry fire the pistol, if I’m holding the trigger all the way back hard against the frame while I rack the slide, the backward movement of the slide is not cocking the internal hammer and when I release the trigger it only resets when it has been almost fully let out, and the next squeeze of the trigger will be the extremely heavy DA pull that you would expect in a primer re-strike scenario.

However, if I dry fire the pistol and let the trigger out just a millimeter while I rack the slide, the backward movement of the slide does cock the internal hammer, and when I release the trigger it resets almost immediately and the next squeeze of the trigger is the light LEM action.

Is this normal?

Here is some additional information to help eliminate a few questions you might have and narrow things down a bit:

1. The trigger bar is aligned with detent and springs back easily when depressed.

2. The hammer spring is properly positioned/aligned.

3. The elbow spring is properly installed.

4. The flat spring is intact and the sear is properly positioned between the LEM hammer and the flat spring.

5. The trigger rebound spring is properly positioned, with the leg facing the muzzle in the slot just behind the slide release axle and the leg facing the hammer in the slot behind the trigger.

6. I do not know if the gun will behave the same way during live fire because I have not fired it (I have been reluctant to take it to the range because of this issue).

I hope I have described what is happening in a reasonably clear and understandable way. Any feedback or guidance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you install the cocking piece correctly?
I thought so, but I will certainly take it apart again to check. Do you actually know of a case where an improper cocking piece installation resulted in a pistol acting like mine is?

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I thought so, but I will certainly take it apart again to check. Do you actually know of a case where an improper cocking piece installation resulted in a pistol acting like mine is?
I tried to duplicate what you're experiencing, but couldn't. If I hold the trigger all the way back, or let it out just a little, racking the slide always cocks the trigger. So every shot is a light SA shot.

I'd check the orientation of the cocking piece. Make sure it is positioned in the hammer correctly. These pics may help. Click on pic for full-size.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
A few more pics. This is how the hammer sits in the frame, once it's installed in the frame. Note the orientation of the cocking piece. These pics are different from the ones in the previous post. Note the rubber nub on the back of the hammer.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few more pics. This is how the hammer sits in the frame, once it's installed in the frame. Note the orientation of the cocking piece. These pics are different from the ones in the previous post. Note the rubber nub on the back of the hammer.

Thank you so much for all the pictures. Do you have some massive library of parts photos on hand, or did you just now take those to post for me? Either way, I am very impressed and appreciative!

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Thank you so much for all the pictures. Do you have some massive library of parts photos on hand, or did you just now take those to post for me? Either way, I am very impressed and appreciative!
These pictures were taken this evening. Just for you, Cutter. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts