HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! First, I'd like to thank everyone here for all the valuable info so far. I've been lurking for some time but finally have a question.

I want to improve the trigger on my HK45. I'm considering accomplishing this with the LEM kit. My issue is that I'd like to keep the decocker but not the safety. I've read about replacing the detent plate to convert to V3 but That does nothing for the trigger.
Can I convert to LEM then replace the plate assuming it comes with its own?
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
The normal LEM configuration does not use the detent plate as there is no more control lever/bar. It is possible, however, to do what you want (retain control lever for decock only) using the LEM kit.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
It is possible, however, to do what you want (retain control lever for decock only) using the LEM kit.
Ummmm. I'm not saying that isn't correct because I haven't tried it on an HK45 specifically but on the USP series when the control lever is retained (after converting to LEM) the control lever will not decock the sear regardless if the V1 or V3 detent plate is used. It would be my assumption that this would carry over to the HK45/HK45c series considering how similar the internals are. The P series (P2000/p2000sk and P30/P30L) is the only series that I am aware of that can be converted from DA/SA to LEM, retain the decocker and have it remain functional.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ummmm. I'm not saying that isn't correct because I haven't tried it on an HK45 specifically but on the USP series when the control lever is retained (after converting to LEM) the control lever will not decock the sear regardless if the V1 or V3 detent plate is used. It would be my assumption that this would carry over to the HK45/HK45c series considering how similar the internals are. The P series (P2000/p2000sk and P30/P30L) is the only series that I am aware of that can be converted from DA/SA to LEM, retain the decocker and have it remain functional.

+1 I agree

I thought the only function you you could retain on an HK45 LEM with the control lever was the safety.
Thought there was no decocking function on an LEM trigger regardless of the detent plate.

But I am always up for learning something new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, I'm not familiar enough with the kit. I've read elsewhere that the lever could be retained... Just looking for clarification.

I guess this brings up another question I didn't know I had. With the LEM trigger, the hammer isn't really cocked.. Right?
So decocking from this condition would simply release the tension off the mainspring... Giving it full DA mode.
Am I understanding this correctly?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Once you convert your V3 to LEM, you lose the decocker. No other detent plates will give you back the decocking function.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again all!
BP7, thank you. I'm looking into that. Do you have experience with that service? Looks like a 1911-style internal polish job. May be exactly what I'm looking for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts