HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think the "finger rest" on the HK45 is clownishly TOO big.

I think this pistol was just about perfect right up to that overly large addition.

If it is that big to allow for 10 rounds I would gladly settle for an additional type of magazine that held 8 but was flush with the bottom of the grip and more radiused.

To me this would make it a much better CCW and improve it's looks as well (like anyone cares about that).

I wonder if HK will create new base pads that can be added to slim it up or if there may some after market accessories or magazines to do the same.

(I am just as aware of the coming HK45C as anyone else, but why not make the full size HK45 just a little more carry friendly?)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was thinking I'd sacrifice a round for a flush mag. Has anyone tried a flat baseplate from a USPC45 mag?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was thinking I'd sacrifice a round for a flush mag. Has anyone tried a flat baseplate from a USPC45 mag?
Ever try a speed reload on a firearm with a flat baseplate?

For range use, a flat basepad might be ok.

For anything else, a larger baseplate is superior.

HK designs products with this in mind. Concealability is what the HK45c will be for, and with a standard USPC magazine, you'll have your flush fit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Retrofitting the HK45 mag with the flat baseplate has been done. It fits fine, but leaves about a 1/8 gap of revealed mag showing and really doesn't help overall length very much. I would not mind a shorter mag, myself. I have plenty of room on the grip area for my hand, so the finger-rest mag is more than I need. Minor complaint for me, though. I'll be carrying the USP CT 'till Comp-tac makes an infidel for the HK45.

·
Registered
558 Posts

HK designs products with this in mind. Concealability is what the HK45c will be for, and with a standard USPC magazine, you'll have your flush fit.
Been shooting more than your entire life. I haven't had a problem with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been shooting more than your entire life. I haven't had a problem with it.
Some of us actually use our firearms for more than range use. In a tactical reload or speed reload when your life is on the line, a bigger mag bumper pad helps immeasurably.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Some of us actually use our firearms for more than range use. In a tactical reload or speed reload when your life is on the line, a bigger mag bumper pad helps immeasurably.

LEO for over 16 years. While fortunately I haven't been in a firefight I've done more than the usual static range shooting.

·
Registered
569 Posts

Im glad someone else thought this. The "Fullsize" version means that it will be "fullsize", not for CCW.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Humanity is quite tribal. (read primitive)

Innovation gets stuffed in the process.

Most of these posts echo a "don't touch my cheese!" approach.

The suggestion was to make an "ADD ON", not a replacement for the HK45 that would allow a flush fitting magazine... in ADDITION to the original magazine.

They are not mutually exclusive and you would be able to have your cake and eat it too.

(The last time I tried to explain to the masses anything of significance and simplicity it was a waste of time... so why should now be any different)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I guess you shouldn't run for president then

1 - 13 of 13 Posts