HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Well, the MSRP is actually $60.
I will not sell something with a $1 profit, because that is no profit, that is exchanging money!

·
Registered
423 Posts
CDNN had them for $44 at one time, but didn't have any when I ordered my HK45 Saturday. After I get my pistol and Christmas and dental bills are out of the way I'll try to order again.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well, the MSRP is actually $60.
I will not sell something with a $1 profit, because that is no profit, that is exchanging money!
Please don't take this the wrong way, but that’s exactly what HK dealers told us when HK AR mags were priced $75 and up. Then I found out dealer price was slightly UNDER $30 because I got some for this price from a dealer. Did the second dealer loose money?

Hell no.

Now you can find them very easily in the $35 range. What changed? HK sure did not lower its MSRP that’s for sure.

IMO: HK parts & accessories dealers have just gotten used to charging us these rates. The mark-up must be sky high. Some will pay it, others will not.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
...Then I found out dealer price was slightly UNDER $30 because I got some for this price from a dealer. Did the second dealer loose money?

Hell no...
I don't know where you get the idea of the margins on HK parts.
If the guy sold those mags for $30, he must have gotten them form the military, LE or on some special deal from HK. The dealer price on them is $39.72 without shipping.
Of cause a distributor (like CDNN) gets a better deal then a dealer, but it is not that good that he can shave off $9.72 and make a "profit" + you have to sell real big numbers.
My guess is, the poor guy needed money and took a loss to recover fast some of the money.

$43.88 is the price I pay for the HK45 mag from my distributor.
Now there is shipping and then I have expenses like power, taxes and so on.
So if you add a $1 for shipping to me, a $1 for general expenses you are already at $46 rounded up.
Shipping of one to three w/conformation is around $7 and you have to bring it to the PO!
So we are at $53.
So the huge order of one magazine leaves me with $7 to pay for the drive to the PO and my time including packing it up and the material I don't get from the USPO like tape!
So no, there is very little money in it and that goes all to hell if you have some .... like Adam Metcalf in VA who used the CC of his wife and she reversed the charge!
Of cause since the order was taken by phone, there was no signature!
So the next time you think some dealer gets rich over your order, think again! ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't know where you get the idea of the margins on HK parts.
If the guy sold those mags for $30, he must have gotten them form the military, LE or on some special deal from HK. The dealer price on them is $39.72 without shipping.
Of cause a distributor (like CDNN) gets a better deal then a dealer, but it is not that good that he can shave off $9.72 and make a "profit" + you have to sell real big numbers.
My guess is, the poor guy needed money and took a loss to recover fast some of the money.
I've heard this "Blame HK" excuse before, but none of it ever holds water.

Did Center Mass Firearms steal theirs off the back of truck?

www.centermassfirearms.com/home.htm

$30 HK AR Mags:
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=210309

I can provide links all day long.

Some HK parts & assessory dealers made a killing (up to $100 or more per mag) on these back in the days when they were "Rare", "Limited Numbers", ETC. Now they can be found for $30. What happended the dealer price? Did it drop? I highly doubt it.

HK fans have just gotten used to being raped by dealers.

I wonder if I can still find a $1000 PSG-1 buttstock for sale?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've heard this "Blame HK" excuse before, but none of it ever holds water.

Did Center Mass Firearms steal theirs off the back of truck?

www.centermassfirearms.com/home.htm

$30 HK AR Mags:
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=210309

I can provide links all day long.

Some HK parts & assessory dealers made a killing (up to $100 or more per mag) on these back in the days when they were "Rare", "Limited Numbers", ETC. Now they can be found for $30. What happended the dealer price? Did it drop? I highly doubt it.

HK fans have just gotten used to being raped by dealers.

I wonder if I can still find a $1000 PSG-1 buttstock for sale?
I don't blame the dealers, they are just trying to make a buck. Blame the folks who bent over and purchased stuff with 300% markups. Should dealers drop their prices if folks are willing to pay? I think not...

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts