HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the Glock 21/TLR1 holster for my HK45/X200 and it went on the belt today. The fit is great. I do wish there was a mm more room beween the hood and the hammer but it does not touch or catch at all. It's easy to change if I want to.
I can't get over how much lighter the HK45 is compared to my dear old USP45 Tactical. I know it has 2 less rounds and all but man it really is a ton lighter. If you are a LEO then at least there is one holster option out there if you have the X200. I'll be keeping my eyes open for something that might work with TLR. According to the person I talked to Safariland does make a holster for the Glock 21/TLR2 but unfortunately it is the same one as mine.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I finally got the Glock 21/TLR1 holster for my HK45/X200 and it went on the belt today. The fit is great. I do wish there was a mm more room beween the hood and the hammer but it does not touch or catch at all. It's easy to change if I want to.
I can't get over how much lighter the HK45 is compared to my dear old USP45 Tactical. I know it has 2 less rounds and all but man it really is a ton lighter. If you are a LEO then at least there is one holster option out there if you have the X200. I'll be keeping my eyes open for something that might work with TLR. According to the person I talked to Safariland does make a holster for the Glock 21/TLR2 but unfortunately it is the same one as mine.
Don't know if you saw the posting that was already out or not but that mag will actually hold 11 rounds. Now you are only one less per mag

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm right there with you sutton. Just got my Glock21/M3 holster in and took my dremmel to the hood so I could carry Condition 1. On the the subject of weight, the HK45 does feel a whole lot lighter than the USP45...your right. I don't really know why as the weights listed in the manual really aren't all that much lighter. Must be that uber-German engineering.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not carrying in condition one as of yet. I may do the dremel trick but I'm a little leary of how the hood will hold up. I can get a longer hood without any problem and that may(should) work. Sarge, can you post a picture when you are done? I'd like to see how it comes out for you.
Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not carrying in condition one as of yet. I may do the dremel trick but I'm a little leary of how the hood will hold up. I can get a longer hood without any problem and that may(should) work. Sarge, can you post a picture when you are done? I'd like to see how it comes out for you.
Thanks, Ben
Sure. Here you go:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/Sarge1119/DSCF1596.jpg

The hood is made out of a very pliable rubber/polymer compound. Taking a little off for the hammer to clear does not affect the retention abilities of the holster. Safariland only makes one hood size so finding a longer one, unless you have contacts at safariland that I haven't spoken with, may be problematic. I have been doing this to the hoods on my USP holsters since safariland released the 6280 SLS system and have not had a problem. Hope the pic helps. I did a much cleaner job on my Glock 21/M3 holster the other day.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well damn. We have replaced hoods before and I thought that there was a longer one made for certain holsters. Guess I was wrong about that. Looking at some it appears they are longer but it may be the style of the holster that makes it look that way. Thanks for the pic. Looks easy enough for even me to do.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Sure. Here you go:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/Sarge1119/DSCF1596.jpg

The hood is made out of a very pliable rubber/polymer compound. Taking a little off for the hammer to clear does not affect the retention abilities of the holster. Safariland only makes one hood size so finding a longer one, unless you have contacts at safariland that I haven't spoken with, may be problematic. I have been doing this to the hoods on my USP holsters since safariland released the 6280 SLS system and have not had a problem. Hope the pic helps. I did a much cleaner job on my Glock 21/M3 holster the other day.
Sarge, if you wanted to carry with the hammer decocked, would that holster have worked fine without modification and been secure? Because I'm a lefty, if I go to this weapon (prior to LEM kits becoming available), I'll need to just ignore the safety and carry with hammer down. I don't use a tac light on my weapon so just let me know which 6280 you've got there . . .

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sarge, if you wanted to carry with the hammer decocked, would that holster have worked fine without modification and been secure? Because I'm a lefty, if I go to this weapon (prior to LEM kits becoming available), I'll need to just ignore the safety and carry with hammer down. I don't use a tac light on my weapon so just let me know which 6280 you've got there . . .
I'm carrying in the same holster as Sarge with hammer down. Works fine. You might try the regular 6280 for the Glock 21 or maybe the USP40 w/o light. Might work.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried fitting HK45 mags into a Safariland Glock 21 mag pouch (the one with flaps)?

No one around here carries a G21.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts