HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone who has gotten their hands on this great Hk, how much do you like it overall?

I personally love it, love shooting it and am completely satisfied with my first Hk!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
It has been better than I expected, especially in the ergo department. The grip is basically perfect for my hand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got a chance to put 300 rounds down range today and I'm still smiling. It really is a great piece of gear. I can't wait to carry it on duty. There isn't a thing I don't like about it. I know that might be saying too much but it's just that good. I've been waiting a long time for something new from HK(duty carry). It's here and it's good. I've 4 guys from my PD that are very, very impressed with it and they're the only ones who have seen it yet. I know when they shoot it they will be even more impressed. It took a long time but it has been worth the wait. Thank you HK you done good.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
No, the grip is nice. It is stippled, not checkered like the USP. You would have a hard time tearing up your hands with this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I shot mine briefly before dark yesterday, and I have to add my vote to the "this is what I have been waiting for!" column. The feel with the large backstrap is absolutely perfect, the angle is perfect, the sights are great, the LEM dropped right in and is great (although the variant 1 it had was fine and the safety lever/decocker was nicely slimmed), the mag-paddles are wonderful! I had recently gotten a HK USPCT and I have to use my thumb AND trigger finger to drop the mags in it - I'm sure it will break in, but no issues like that with the HK45. Pick a finger - it's easy. Another thing, a fully loaded mag seats as easily as an empty mag. No uncomfortable squeeze or hard smack required when seating a full mag. I have always disliked that in other guns and wondered if I should just chamber one and give up on the "plus one." No such problem on the HK45. The forward grooves on the slide are right where they need to be, and not excessive. The magazines are partially hard rubber on the bottom-front - right where it hits the ground. Inside is still the same built-like-a-tank engineering, but the outside is vastly improved. (Not that I'll be selling the USP T or the USPCT!) When I draw from my leather USP holster the HK45 finds the perfect grip every time, due to the tapered rear of the grip area (I guess). Both my USPs seemed to take a little conscious thought to wiggle to the right spot every time. That is probably an issue that is unique to me, but the HK45 addressed it perfectly. The Oring barrel is a nice for that last little bit of mental edge. And one more thing - I don't have to get new mag carriers! The HK45 mags are just extended USP Compact mags, and actually function as extended mags for my CT! Granted, I just got this gun, but so far I am spectacularly pleased about every aspect.
:74:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have to admit that I now have two of them, and damn... really am happy and looking even more forward to the compact model.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You guys suck.....! I have to wait till monday to pick mine up....I have been waiting 2 long years for this.
Same here. Mine has been sitting at my FFL since Monday. I can't wait to finally get it next week. If the HK45 is anything as good as my P30 then its the .45 that I have been waiting a long time for.

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Still on the fence; it seems like a great gun, but If you have a 1911, and a USP45f or Tactical, what does it do that those don't?
Nothing really, but don't forget that it was designed to fill the requirements for the JCP trials for the military. I don't think we'd see an HK45 if that solicitation was never put out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just in case nobody mentioned it - the extended 10 round mags (Shown in the "Black HK45C thread) that are already available for the HK45 Compact fit and work great in USP Compacts. I just tried mine - it looks like it was born there. Another reason to love these guns!

·
Registered
73 Posts
HK45 impressions

Shot my son's HK45 today. I have medium/small hands and the grip feels OK, but not as good as my 1911's, primarily because the DA reach is a touch too long. For a reference, P2000 with a small backstrap has an ideal grip/trigger reach for me. Both of my sons and daughter in law have longer fingers that I do and they feel very comfortable with the HK45 and like it much better than a USP. The gun is much taller than a 1911, too, because of the long grip with mag baseplate extending. The DA trigger is heavy and hard for me to be accurate with, but SA pull is crisp at less than 5 lbs. The return is creepy though. But HK45 has a quality feel to it and I shot fairly accurately at 25 yds only after 10 rds in SA mode. I will post some pics on the 1911Forum.
Overall, I had a good impression on HK45. Although it won't beat a quality 1911, it is still an excellent combat handgun. My older son plans to use it in PPC competitions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts