HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I am getting antsy hear and I Want a 45. I have been wating for a HK45for months now, I feel like it could be hear any day now. BUT, I am also starting to look at the USP tactical in 45. The one thing that atracted me to the HK45 was all this talk of a thiner grip and frame. I don't have the bigest hands so thats why im interested in the HK45. I'm 5'7" 185 lbs with average size hands for someone whose 5'7". I'm figuring I can find a tactical for about the same price ( within a $100 or so ) the HK45s are going to be when they first come out. I feel like the Tactical might be more bang for the buck. what do you guys who have the tactical think??? And NO I cant get both LOL

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you are not going to carry it or you do not mind carrying a little bigger gun, get the Expert. It costs a little more but it is well worth it - great trigger. My wife has no problem with the grips and she is about 5'8" adn about 112lbs.

There was an NIB Expert .45 sitting on the shelf at a local shop for a couple of months.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel as If I'm leaning toward the the tactical more and more. It just seems like more of a value. And I hear it's accurate as all Hell! Any othe insight?????

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you get a tactical now, you know you are going to want a hk45 when it hits the shelves. So either plan to get both or wait :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd get the Tactical and get her paid off. Next year get the HK45. I have the Tactical in both .40 and 45. They are just awesome pistols period. Tack drivers. If you are worried about grip check the .40. Add the jet funnel and you have one serious setup.
Ben

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I got a Tactical .45 for a number of reasons. Some will post that its a waste of money if a suppressor isnt going to be used at one point. Flash hiders have been proven to increase accuracy - that would be nice for some target practice at the range once in a while, even tho Im not going to suppress the Tactical, nor am I on a SWAT team where the head shot capability at 25+ yards of the Tactical would be a desired feature...so I also wont be carrying it in my line of work.

I like the fact that I got alot of extras for not having to spend much more, to me that made it a bargain no matter what Im going to do with it - the Tactical is a superb pistol to have on your hip if you are on a SWAT Team, or at the range enjoying a Saturday afternoon shoot! :)

The HK45 isnt out yet - so there will be a waiting period if you want one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the Tac after having two plain USPs. One has a ton of rounds on it and the trigger is just about as nice as the Tac. The Tac sights are just great for long range i can put 5rnds in a area the size of my hand closed at 80 yards prone and the UTL does not get as dirty with the extra barrel lenght. I carry the tac to work every night. Of course all the guys think i need a can and should break it out while talking to the violators on a stop and screw it on the gun.
I think the guys i work with are just slightly twisted.
The HK 45 looks good but the USP fits me great and it holds 12 so i think i will stay with the usp.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Get a USP if you don't have one already. USP is a proven platform and one of the most reliable guns ever made. The HK45 is essentially an attempt to make the USP a little more like the 1911. One downside of the HK45 is that it lacks the dual spring buffer, which would in theory make it a less durable pistol.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
And NO I cant get both LOL

Why, not affraid Mom is going to ground you are ya. ha ha
Seriously the Tactical is a great pistol I like mine alot. But I think by watching the P30 come out as closely as I did I think the HK45 is not too far off. I am kinda hoping to have one in my stocking.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seriously the Tactical is a great pistol I like mine alot. But I think by watching the P30 come out as closely as I did I think the HK45 is not too far off. I am kinda hoping to have one in my stocking.[/QUOTE said:
I wonder if the delays with the HK45 are due to the deal with wilcox to produce them state side?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Seriously, Buy a new or used HK Tactical now, shoot it, own it, then when or if the HK45 Tac comes out you can always trade your USP toward it. Then you can have both. If you get bored of the USP Tac, its a classic that I doubt will go out of style. Its easy to sell if you still want the HK45 later.

Theres a used USP Tactical (complete with everything) at my local gun shop, for $820 and looks 95%. Im sure you can find around your area.

Plus, the USP Tactical just so damn good!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
usp 45 tac. you can always sell it later for the hk45 if you have to, but i bet you will just save up to get that also. It is a sickness and i pray i am never healed.:)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What do you guys that have tacticals think of the factory Adj. Sights? Would you switch to the mep. adj. Night Sights or just standerd mep. Night sights? I won't be shooting with a can : (

·
Registered
43 Posts
What do you guys that have tacticals think of the factory Adj. Sights? Would you switch to the mep. adj. Night Sights or just standerd mep. Night sights? I won't be shooting with a can : (
If you'll never shoot with a can...for sure... then switch the adj sights to normal night sights. They look better and will be zeroed better at closer range. If you do one day get a can, then just throw you stock adj's on until you get some mepro adj's. Thats what I have now. If I had no use for a can, I would definitely switch to standard meps...

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
If youre gonna replace the factory adjustable, make it worth while and get MMC adjustable night sights...I think, and lots of others too...MMC makes the best/highest quality adjustable night sight out there.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do the blackhawk serpa holsters work with the tactical? Dose blackhawk make a holster for the Tac with a light on it?

as for the MMC sights do they have the HUGE front blade like the factory sights?

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
MMC adjustable night sight is tall enough to see over a can.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
MMC adjustable night sight is tall enough to see over a can.
not to sound skeptical but do you know this for a fact. the reason i am asking is i am currently awaiting my can transfer, and just like all other tac owners i despise the factory sites. however i do not want to be constantly swapping out sites, i could always paint the factory sites, but still i would prefer night sites if they indeed do work on a can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts