HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I held the HK45 and P30 today. I must be in the minority but the mag release on both pistols interfered with my trigger stroke. :( Because of this, the pistols did not feel good in my hand and I would not buy them.

Also, I thought the trigger pulls were underwhelming, IMHO. The HK was a single action and the P30 was DA/SA. The reset on both pistols was LONG and the trigger pulls uneven. In contrast, I have a P2000SK LEM which I really like (although its reset is faily long as well).

I was honestly hoping to have a better experience. Guess I will have to wait a while before I get another HK.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't heard anybody say the mag release interferred with trigger pull before. I have heard that with a high, agressive grip the middle finger of the firing hand can block the mag release from functioning. My hands must not be that hard though, I never had that problem...Too bad you didn't like 'em.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
If you are hitting the mag release when pressing the trigger, its because the mag is out of the pistol when you are pressing the trigger.

I noticed it when dry firing with the mag out and it did hit my finger. But when the mag is in, the mag release problems goes away.

Try shooting one with the mag in it and you will immediately see the difference.

On the attached pics of the p30 note that the mag release pops up .15" from the trigger guard when the mag is out. (first pic)

When the mag is in, notice that the mag release is below flush, and you cannot possibly hit it at all with the mag in. (second pic)

It is below the top surface of the trigger guard with the mag in, so unless you curl your trigger finger UNDER the trigger guard when shooting, you cannot hit the release with the mag in.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I haven't heard anybody say the mag release interferred with trigger pull before. I have heard that with a high, agressive grip the middle finger of the firing hand can block the mag release from functioning. My hands must not be that hard though, I never had that problem...Too bad you didn't like 'em.
Go to the range report section and see my thread HK45 report. He isn't the only one. For me the mag being in or out it didn't matter I was still hitting the release with my finger on the HK45. Don't have that problem on the P30 though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would have to ask about the mag being in place as well. Without a magazine in place the mag lever has nothing to pin it so it sticks up a bit into the trigger guard.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I held the HK45 and P30 today. I must be in the minority but the mag release on both pistols interfered with my trigger stroke. :( Because of this, the pistols did not feel good in my hand and I would not buy them.

Also, I thought the trigger pulls were underwhelming, IMHO. The HK was a single action and the P30 was DA/SA. The reset on both pistols was LONG and the trigger pulls uneven. In contrast, I have a P2000SK LEM which I really like (although its reset is faily long as well).

I was honestly hoping to have a better experience. Guess I will have to wait a while before I get another HK.
Do you use the tip of your finger or more toward the joint to fire?

I was curious if you engagement comes from the right mag release using the tip or the left using more of the center of the finger to fire?

These are the two most plausible ways I see this happening.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
The trigger reset on the HK45 is noticeably shorter than the P30's though...

·
Registered
562 Posts
I am looking forward to the release of a expert/target trigger for the P30 that HK is suppose to be working on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts