HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a HK45 pistol and a 45Osprey. I don't have the threaded barrel yet. Before I drop almost 300.00 on the barrel has anyone here used this combo?
Does it function well? Any down side?

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a TiRant and love it, but I have yet to hear a bad word about the Osprey...other than it is ugly as sin...by that is MPO.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have heard nothing but positive feedback on the Osprey functionality. I am not a fan of the way it looks, prefer a more covert setup. But it gets the job done on performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No problems here... whether on our test pistols or when we go shooting with a good friend of ours who puts alot more rounds downrange through his.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just did some shooting with my Osprey on a friends HK45CT. I shot about 50rds and it functioned without any problems. Very impressive sound reduction.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Heh... the infamous bass-ackwards catalog... I wish I still had it.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had to choose between the Osprey & Ti-rant for my HK45,.. I went with the Ti-rant. It was very hard choice to make but I think I would have been happy with the Osprey as well.

As for spending the $300 on the threaded barrel,.... DO IT! Swapping out the standard barrel with the threaded one has not caused any sort of issue with my HK45. It still shoots the same,. Groups as good,. And looks just as bad ass it ever did. The one untended plus for the longer threaded barrel is that your front sight will not get nearly as dirty when shooting on extended range trips.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I see this topic time and time again where people are trying to make a choice regarding the Ti-Rant and Osprey....I feel the choice is a no brainer......

Buy both!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts