HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I am new to the forum as well as a new owner of an HK45! The HK45 is my first HK USP-based handgun. I've owned several P7s in the past (two P7M8s and the .22 cal K3 version) and was always happy with them.

I took the HK45 out for an initial session and I have to say I was impressed! The gun feels good in the hand, reliability was perfect and accuracy was superlative. Needless to say, the gun is a keeper.

Anyway, I have a questions about the HK45 and HK plastic guns in general.

1) Is it safe to dry fire the gun?

2) Can the double-action trigger be improved? My only "issue" with the gun is the very heavy double-action pull. I've been shooting DA/SA guns for a long time but the heavy pull on the HK45 makes this tough to do so as effectively as I'd like. If the trigger can be improved, who does the group trust to do the work?

Thanks in advance for your response.

--- Malph

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
to my knowledge there isn't much you can do about the trigger, other than carry it in condition 1. personally, I have always carried handguns in DA/SA with no safety, I just can't get comfortable with condition 1, even though I know full well it is COMPLETELY safe with both the USP series and the HK45, but I think as of right now that is your only option...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would strongly consider the LEM trigger with the light springs. A good gunsmith can improve the DA/SA trigger but, there is a limit to what can done.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would get a "snap cap" for dry firing - with any weapon. I think that the new "tatical LEM" trigger would be the best combo going. It is not avaliable yet (except when you buy an new Combat Competition USP), so pick up several snap caps & enjoy your pistol until the trigger components are avaliable for the HK45.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hk has plans to make the HK45 in a Tactical version in 08. It will hopefully have a Match Trigger Unit like the USP Tacticals do. Hopefully HK will provide the unit or install them. If they do I'm getting one for mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts