HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to HK with my HK45. Tonight at the range the slide closed every time I inserted a magazine. I see in the manual the big red warning about this making me think that it's not a problem with the pistol itself. I mostly shoot Sigs and this sort of shook my confidence in the gun as it's the only HK I have ever used. I hope that it's a "feature" or something I'm doing wrong and not something wrong with my gun. Any info/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

:740:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Your not doing anything wrong. Having the slide close after inserting a mag is perfectly normal with the HK45 and some other HK's. If you insert the mag gently or slowly it won't close the slide.

·
Registered
260 Posts
HKs are combat pistols. As such, it's not unusual for the slide to drop when a magazine is inserted forcefully enough. You'll notice that this gets you back into the fight faster, as you don't have to hit the slide release or rack the slide.

It's a good thing and shouldn't shake your confidence in what is a supremely well-made pistol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It seemed like a good thing, just wanted to make sure. I definitely love my HK45 and it's completely pulled me into loving HKs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts