HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe this should be occurring hence my question. When I insert a new fully loaded mag the slide will sometimes automatically release, and therefore loading the gun into battery. I have made sure to keep a finger off of the right slide release and this will still occur at times. Anything I can do to remedy this?

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
This is mentioned in the Operator's Manual, as well as on this forum many many times.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
It's a nice feature that makes for quick tactical reloads, slam new mag home and gun is ready for business.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
This is a feature, not a flaw. If you seat your mags with authority. the weapon rewards you with the slide going home.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Always helps to read the little pamphlet that accompanies new firearms. Amazing sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
I personally love the feature. Helps me reload faster, and get back on target that much quicker.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I prefer it also. I actually slam the mag in harder so that it will do it when doing tactical reloads. My P30 does the same. One of the many features that makes me love an HK!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
My P30 does it without hardly any force, but my USP45 doesn't, probably due to a beefier slide on the USP

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It's a nice feature, but not one to be relied upon. I accidentally went to slide lock when my plan on a stage went to hell, slammed my mag in and the slide just sat there--nice and open. Since then, I make sure to have my thumb is ready to depress the release as the gun goes onto target. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
It's a nice feature, but not one to be relied upon. I accidentally went to slide lock when my plan on a stage went to hell, slammed my mag in and the slide just sat there--nice and open. Since then, I make sure to have my thumb is ready to depress the release as the gun goes onto target. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Been there, done that one - too!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Read the manual front to back when I purchased gun but don't remember seeing this one. Thanks to those you who replied with a useful answer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts