HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically,. Got anything taller than what's offered? The orginal sights on my HK45 & even the sights on a friends HK45 CT are too low to get any kind of good sight picture with my suppressor attached. (AAC Ti-Rant 45)

Any plans to offer the taller sights that are on the USP Tactical for the HK45? Even if only on a custom order basis?

·
Registered
709 Posts
To cruzie27, I wasn't trying to be a smarta$$ just a light hearted poke at your choice. I am a little bias towards Silencerco. They have outstanding customer service and their suppressors aren't bad either. But the problem you have run into is the reason I chose the Osprey over the Tirant. I may buy a Tirant eventually but the Osprey has been a workhorse for me. I use it on just about all my pistols.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Being able to adjust POI is what sold me on the AAC,. Being able to take it apart is just a bonus ( plus it's fun to see all the Osprey guys get all huffy about it ) Will I ever have the $$$ to choke or clog a suppressor? Yeah right. Both suppressors are great and almost bought the Osprey. But the issue is not the suppressor,. It's the sights.

I kinda screwed myself a few months back shooting both cans on a USP-T,. Beautiful sight picture,. Enjoyable sound when shot,. Good weight & balance on both. Never figured the sights would be this much of a issue,. I knew id have the upgrade the HK45 sights to taller ones,. And i was thinking just get a set for/from the HK45 CT,. I'm not sure what sights are on the 45 CT's but it surprised me that they did not clear the can either.

I can't believe the same sight set up as the USP-T is not available for the HK45. Maybe it got lost in translation somehow.

So all joking and ball busting aside what else is out there? What other suppressor height sights are out there?

I'd really like to hang on to the HK45 (gun + mags + ambi safety + threaded barrel = pile of $$$$) and yeah I could have bought the USP-T for less,.. But if I wanted to hold a brick that shoots 45's I'd have gotten the FNP for 2/3 the cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts