HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about this purchase. I have searched, and read quite a lot on this ........yes, using the search function.

nowhere did this cover the +P ammo, as no marks on the slide. I assume the barrel is authentic German HK, which will have the proof haus marks, and all stampings??
I would hate to drop major coin and not be able to use my HD ammo. I am %100 this will be and is fine with +P ammo ?

any other thoughts on the u.s. made HK45 ? concerns? problems? i know about the Mr. Vickers pistol training time, i have read and followed the story from about week #3, quite the reliable gun.

I'm just curious as to YOUR time shooting it, your thoughts, what to improve on, your gripes, praises. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
402 Posts
They are safe for +P and are proofed here as far as I know.

I love mine. My only two complaints are that it only holds 10+1 rounds as big as it is and the stock sights leave a lot to be desired. Other then that it is more than a worthy successor to the USP.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
From HK45 manual.

NOTE: Currently there are no known .45 ACP ammunition types that are not
compatible with the HK45 pistols with the exception of some light, match
grade wadcutter loads that provide insufficient recoil impulse to reliably
operate the HK45. All HK45 pistols are approved for use with +P and +P+
ammunition. The use of +P and +P+ ammunition does accelerate wear and
reduce the service life on the component parts of any pistol including the
HK45.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
I load my HK45 with 230gr +p HST's and it handles them like a boss. It's an amazing gun. This thread needs a pic....

Oh yeah...it's a US made one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Purchase made hk45 OD green factory new. I'm stoked. This will be "my" primary HD & range toy.
Wife has her own.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Murica!

I load my HK45 with 230gr +p HST's and it handles them like a boss. It's an amazing gun. This thread needs a pic....

Oh yeah...it's a US made one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,889 Posts
Yeah, great gun. I got one just to have a .45 to put a suppressor on, but it has turned into one of my favorite guns to shoot. Heck, don't even have suppressor in hand yet, but really enjoying HK45T.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will be a while til in hand.

Fed ex I think shut down in Florida due to hurricane blowing up from south.

I'll just have to name him/her the name of the hurricane. I'm running out of names ...........

She will be a fine companion to mrs 45T. which will remain unfired now that I have the u.s. Version for main duty.

Thanks, I'm sure I will love it

1000 rounds in 3 hrs, then home for her bath and fresh oil & grease. Anticipation sucks,
Won't ship til Monday I'm told. DAMN!!!!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
HK45 is a fantastic pistol. I know. I had one. Yes, had. I'm not a collector, so the pistol did not get out much. I didn't carry it, and have a few full sized 1911's for target work.
So, reluctantly, I let it go. To a good home, though, so there's that...
In the meantime, I've a few other HK's to keep me happy. German or U.S. made, you can't go wrong with this handgun.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will be picking up today. Going to be a long day.
Looking forward to my first u.s. Made HK.

THen sights.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They all look the same.

Regular 2mag standard barrel. With those stock sights which are great for outdoor or range use, but n a HD situation.........worthless

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
They all look the same.

Regular 2mag standard barrel. With those stock sights which are great for outdoor or range use, but n a HD situation.........worthless
True but a single pic which you have previously promised to provide would prove you at least have 1 of the multiple HK's you claim to be in your burgeoning internet collection. "Proof of life" "pics or it didn't happen" are quotes that seem to fit. JAT

1 - 20 of 28 Posts