HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, was it ever confirmed that the USP model detent plates work in the HK45 (specifically the HK45F)? Also, if the USP plates work, are they all the same throughout the calibers?

I searched around but couldn't find any solid information. I would like a V9 HK45 which is why I am asking.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The safety detent plates are different between the USP and HK 45. The HK45 has a small tab the sticks out the right hand side, the USP does not. Try HK-USA to see if one is available.

Bill

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
There are different plates for the USP vs HK45.

That said I modified two USP plates and am running them in both my HK45 and 45C. They work perfectly. I bought two of them back a couple years ago when I got the full size gun and the correct plates weren't available. HK customer service explained to me over the phone how to do the mod and they both run as they should now so I never spent the money to change them out again. When I recently got the 45C I still had the second plate in a tool box so I just went ahead and used it.

That, that, said...It's 2011 and I'm sure the correct V9 style plates are available for the HK45 from either HK direct or HK parts.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
There is one exception to the detent plate interchangeability. The V3 plate is the same for both the USP and HK45. To my knowledge this is the only one though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts