HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a HK45 Variant 9, with a light trigger [edit:not a LEM, which I originally thought - I have SA/DA not DAO - duh].
I have put 1K rounds through it, and really love the gun.
I want to modify it from Variant 9 to 1 so that I can decock the the pistol.

Does anyone know the procedure?

It seems clear that the detent plate must be removed/changed, but I don't have the procedure, and I don't know what Variant 1 will change in the gun other than adding a decocker. Does it change the reset?

Thanks for your advice and help!

Grant

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
V1 is DA/SA with safety/decocker. Changing just the detent plate will not give you the decocking capability. You will need the DA/SA parts and will lose LEM if you want the decocker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, but please clarify for me. If possible, please offer details:

V9 is also DA/SA with safety. Why do I need DA/SA parts if it is alreay DA/SA?
Is there a kit to convert it from V9 to V1?
I have only the 4.5 lbs trigger, which I understood to be the "LEM" trigger. [edit -- nope! LEM is DAO] Much of the lightness of the trigger is from the light trigger rebound spring. What LEM function will I lose with the decocker? [my edit: none, since I don't have LEM - duh]
Finally, the manual says under the LEM Description that external decocker levers are "available as an option" so I am confused why you say the LEM and decocker are mutually exclusive. [edit: irrelevant since I don't have LEM -- duh]

Thanks again for your advice.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I don't think you fully understand what the "LEM" is exactly. From the sounds of things, I don't think you have it. A Varaiant 9 LEM makes NO sense. Use the search function, do some research, and hopefully it will make sense to you, and then you can ask a clearer question (if necessary).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right you are! I have a HK45 V9 with a light trigger.
Now my question is (still): how do I change V9 to V1? is it as simple as replacing the detent plate?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
You will need a V1 detent plate. Push out the sear axle pin (to the right side of the frame), just enough to remove the detent plate, slide off the V9 detent plate, put the V1 detent plate on, push the axle back out, then you're done.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm glad this got resolved cause this whole thread reminded me of this:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts