HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new hk45 v1 and I noticed that the da trigger pull was quite smoother and felt lighter than the hk45c I had previously. I bought the full size thinking I'd convert it to the LEM like the compact version but the DA pull feels so much better that I"m going to leave it as is. I don't have a tool to measure the pull weights but subjectively it feels much better. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
289 Posts
For the most part, trigger components are the same between the two. I would speculate your HK45 springs were not as stiff despite being new or the ergos made the difference in feel.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just picked up a new hk45 v1 and I noticed that the da trigger pull was quite smoother and felt lighter than the hk45c I had previously. I bought the full size thinking I'd convert it to the LEM like the compact version but the DA pull feels so much better that I"m going to leave it as is. I don't have a tool to measure the pull weights but subjectively it feels much better. Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm not convinced there is a difference. I agree though, I like the LEM in the HK45c and cocked and locked in the HK45. Get the 5+6 Detent plate, carry cocked n locked, ride the thumb safety without fear of decocking, and use the single action only.... No need to mess with a heavy, horrible Double action pull.

·
Registered
18,640 Posts
Wait until you convert that HK45 to Light LEM. You might never go back to its original DA/SA configuration. :)

I have a factory LEM HK45T and the trigger is one of the best out of the box (probably second to the Match LEM Hybrid setup).

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey @TooSixy, funny because I just saw an old post by Eman930 in reference to the Match LEM Hybrid trigger for the HK45 & HK45c. He gave a part by part list. Beings you're kinda the trigger guy, what would this entail today in addition to a LEM Trigger Kit? Thanks for any feedback or the definitive link on the subject.

Wait until you convert that HK45 to Light LEM. You might never go back to its original DA/SA configuration. :)

I have a factory LEM HK45T and the trigger is one of the best out of the box (probably second to the Match LEM Hybrid setup).

·
Registered
18,640 Posts
Hey @TooSixy, funny because I just saw an old post by Eman930 in reference to the Match LEM Hybrid trigger for the HK45 & HK45c. He gave a part by part list. Beings you're kinda the trigger guy, what would this entail today in addition to a LEM Trigger Kit? Thanks for any feedback or the definitive link on the subject.
I have part by part list in the Reference Library for a while now. If you scroll down near the bottom of post #1, you will see the Match LEM Hybrid parts list.

Basically, besides the LEM kit, you will need:

1. Light TRS
2. Match HS
3. Match nickel-plated sear spring <--- if yours does not already have one

To complete the Match LEM Hybrid setup, I would strongly suggest that your stock HK45 trigger be drilled and tapped for a stop screw. This will primarily reduce the trigger reset. Unfortunately, you cannot use the trigger that comes from the Match Trigger Kit due to the smaller trigger guard on the HK45. Personally, I would purchase a spare HK45 trigger and send it to Bill Springfield to drill and tap for the stop screw. The trigger is $9 and the hex key is about $3, direct from HKCS. Bill will provide a stop screw with the service and it costs anywhere from $17 (for multiple triggers) to $20 (for a single trigger).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts