HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been almost 3 years since I shot an HK45 prototype and now it's finally here.
Her are a couple of pics to show the difference in my grip. I have small hands and short fingers.

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nice.

Hey can someone take a pic of the inside of the slide, barrel and recoil spring assembly? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks for the comparison pic HK PDX!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good pictures, however, on the USP the hammer isn't cocked, on the HK45 it is, so the trigger position relative to your finger isn't really comparable.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice! I am in PDX as well. You should let me try that out! :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
gkanga,

But check out the thumb and bird finger.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Wow your hands are small huh? Im holding a USPF .45 now, over 3/4 of the grip is covered by my fingers, my index finger is pointed parallel to slide/frame, and its extended 1/4" past the front of the trigger guard...hehe. :D

Thanks for the comparison!

·
Registered
36 Posts
gkanga,

But check out the thumb and bird finger.
Yep, there is definitely a noticeable difference there, I wasn't trying to imply that there wasn't. But the trigger reach in DA mode is also an issue for a lot of people, and these pictures don't show a comparison of that.

The HK45's smaller grip does look great, though, I hate being a poor college student when these new toys come out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'll add a better picture tomorrow. One of the big differences is the raising of the bottom of the trigger guard. The inside is grooved for the bottom of the trigger. The grip feels higher, like relieving the front strap of a 1911.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've fired both an HK45 (the one I own) and the USP TAC 45, and I have to say that the HK45 has a much better grip profile and sits much lower in my hand. I always felt like the USP TAC 45 had a extremely tall slide compared to other guns.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I just picked my HK45 up today.... I had to go to Portland (Gresham actually) to get it..... I have both a USPtac and now the HK45, there is a noticable difference in the grip size....

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just picked my HK45 up today.... I had to go to Portland (Gresham actually) to get it..... I have both a USPtac and now the HK45, there is a noticable difference in the grip size....
Did ya go to Keith's?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts