HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my HK45...I was thinking about getting a light (not laser). Does anyone have a pic of the HK45 with a light? I am looking at the TLR-1 and X300. Right now TLR-1 is in the lead.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
May I suggest a TLR-2? I have two, one on a USP 45 via GG&G rail and the other on my P2000 9mm. I think it's an excellent light/laser combo and I've been very happy with mine.

Also try looking at the SSL-1. I'll pick up one of those sooner or later.

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Hands down, Surefire X300. I bought one for my work gun a few weeks ago and it really outshines anything else in my opinion. At 110 lumens, it's VERY bright. It's also extremely durable and easy to use. I won't put any lights on my guns that don't say Surefire on the side of them.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If it's strictly just a light you want, go with the Surefire. If you want a laser/light combo, go with Streamlight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you input guys. I just purchased the Surefire X300 (and batteries) for my new HK45. This is for home defense. As soon as I get it, I will post some pics. In addition, I will post some pics of it lighting up something at night in my home...and the view from the attacker.

I saw a pic of the Streamlight TLR-2 on the HK45. It does not look like it is as snug as the X300. The X300 seems like it will fit the gun a lot better. I did not purchase the Remote Tailcap Switch. It seems like a nice concept, but probably will be overkill for Home Defense on the HK45. I will check the ease of use. If it is not easy to toggle on and off, I might get the Remote Tailcap Switch.

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Good choice Veenus Envy. If you're ever in the market for a light/laser combo, I'd wait a little while because Surefire will be releasing an X200L model with a laser integrated into it. I believe they're also planning to release the X300 in an L configuration as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am not interested in a laser...I can aim:) I just want to see what I am shooting at and blind them. And that light looks like it would blind them easily.

God willing...I will never have to use my HK45.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here's mine with a Streamlight TLR-1 on it. I sold a USPc .40 to buy the HK45 only because it had a picatinny rail under it to mount the light, and I'm really happy with how it worked out. The tip of the barrel is about 1/2 an inch behind the front edge of the light. I put about 100 rounds through it the other day and didn't see any powder or residue on the lens or top lip of the light.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Glad to hear so many postives regarding the X300 given than Im sending a check out for one tomorrow :)

Do you by chance have any pics of the surefire mounted on your gun from the side? I'd love to see the profile of that X200 on the HK45.

Thanks
Scott

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
I am not interested in a laser...I can aim:) I just want to see what I am shooting at and blind them. And that light looks like it would blind them easily.

I'm not much of a laser fan either. The X300 is really something though isn't it? I think some pictures should be in order! :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm not much of a laser fan either. The X300 is really something though isn't it? I think some pictures should be in order! :D
Lasers really come into their own when forced to fire from unusual positions (say, under a car,around a wall). They also tend to defuse situations and gain compliance quickly once the bad guy realizes he's got the dot on him. They shouldn't be thought of as a substitute for good gunhandling skills.

Doesn't matter if you put the dot on their unibrow if you jerk the trigger....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lasers really come into their own when forced to fire from unusual positions (say, under a car,around a wall). They also tend to defuse situations and gain compliance quickly once the bad guy realizes he's got the dot on him. They shouldn't be thought of as a substitute for good gunhandling skills.

Doesn't matter if you put the dot on their unibrow if you jerk the trigger....
Well said Medic....

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I agree with Medic! I never had a light/laser combo (or just laser) on any of my guns until my USP 45 a year ago or so. I took it up to the indoor range and tried shooting with the laser from my hip. All 10 rounds in the ten-ring! I was surprised and impressed. Since then a M6X has been on my night stand USP. But I don't shoot with it, nor do I teach people how to shoot with the laser.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got the X300 for my HK45. I ordered it from Surefire, but they said it would take between 1 and 6 weeks. So I cancelled and purchased it from my local gun shop. I have it here at work...so I have not had a chance to put it on yet. But I did what probably every first time tactical light owner did and flashed myself.

MAN...I still can see the light in my eye. Wow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts