HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else notice that the HK45 is wider and the overall height larger than the USP 45 - BUT it only holds 10 rounds in the mag as opposed to 12 for the USP?

Where did the 2 rounds go? Why couldn't HK squeeze them in?

The specs for the HK45 are 1.42" wide and 5.83" height and the specs for the USP .45 are 1.26" wide and 5.55" height.

I guess the 2 rounds got eaten up away by the interchangeable grips.....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Guess they wanted to make it available to our friends in the Commie states.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The extra width between the HK45 and USP 45 is the ambidextrous slide release levers on the HK45. The grip is slimmer on the HK45.

I'm not sure why the HK45 is taller in height than the USP 45.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I Want my HK45!!!!!
+1 Me too!
I am guessing that the -2 rounds are due to the single stack mag which I will gladly give up in order for the gun to be more ergonomic and less brick like.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
+1 Me too!
I am guessing that the -2 rounds are due to the single stack mag which I will gladly give up in order for the gun to be more ergonomic and less brick like.
Correct, the extra width comes from the ambi slide stop/release. The grip is suppose to be comparable to a "roughly" standard 1911 grip, which equals MUCH slimmer than the USP. I would imagine someone will come up with an 11 or 12 round mag, as it looks like the factory mags have ALOT of space in the base.... But, even if this is not true, I will gladly give up 2 round for a more "pleasant" grip...

I TOO WANT MY HK45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hear around Nov. 15th'ish we should start seeing them in dealer hands, but I will believe it when I see it.... the HK45 will be my work gun as soon as they are available... and the HK45c will also be mine as soon as I can get my hands on one!!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
+1 Me too!
Its not really a single stack... Kind of more a staggered single stack/not-quite double stack mag. ;)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Nope. 10 rounds was part of the government specifications everyone was going after. S&W M&P45 is also 10 rounds.
That was my attempt to have a sense of humor. Very dry, and very bad I know but that is my sense of humor what am I supposed to do.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I talked to some people in another thread weeks ago, grip size DOES matter to them. I think that is the reason for so many firearms going with changeable backstraps. Of course, leave it to HK to lead the way on adjustable palm swells as well.

A standard magazine capacity of ten allows them a lot of sales flexibility in the U.S. I assume/hope these 10 rounders will also fit the USP45c and HK45c. I am sure, if there is a need, they will make extended magzines.

JPG

·
Registered
206 Posts
USP .45 fullsize = 12 rd Double Stack
USP .45 compact = 8 rd 1.5 stack (staggered)

HK45 fullsize = 10 rd 1.5 stack (staggered)
HK45 compact = 8 rd 1.5 stack (staggered)

Therefore the HK45 fullsize mags are compatible with the HK45c and USPc .45.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
I'm going to throw this out, only as something I've been pondering. First off, I intend on getting a full size and compact HK45...

Now, in looking at the size of the mag. base on the full size HK45, I've been wondering how long it will take some enterprising person or HK themselves to come out with an 11 or 12 round mag for the full size... something along the lines of the jef funnel kits for the USP 9 and .40. I could see HK doing this for military & LE sales.....

Not trying to start any goofy internet rumors or anything, this is just something I've been pondering.....

·
Registered
802 Posts
The original specifications also required a 14 round mag.

No mag is truely a "double" stack. You have to have some overlap so most of the mags are around 1.5 stack. Glock's 10 round mags are almost a single stack.

·
Registered
40 Posts
USP .45 fullsize = 12 rd Double Stack
USP .45 compact = 8 rd 1.5 stack (staggered)

HK45 fullsize = 10 rd 1.5 stack (staggered)
HK45 compact = 8 rd 1.5 stack (staggered)

Therefore the HK45 fullsize mags are compatible with the HK45c and USPc .45.
So it's possible (or has it been verified) that the 10 round HK45 fullsize magazines will fit the USPc45.

:)

If this is true, will the magazine stick out further than the current/standard one?

·
Registered
224 Posts
So it's possible (or has it been verified) that the 10 round HK45 fullsize magazines will fit the USPc45.

:)

If this is true, will the magazine stick out further than the current/standard one?
Yes the HK45 mags will fit the HK USP compact .45

They are the same size mag so they will stick out a little on the bottom.

The HK45 is basically a grown up USPc.45 with a redesigned grip and slide.

The HK45c is basically the .45 P2000 (though with V1)

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
The original specifications also required a 14 round mag.

No mag is truely a "double" stack. You have to have some overlap so most of the mags are around 1.5 stack. Glock's 10 round mags are almost a single stack.
I was not aware the original RFP called for 14 round mag's.... that is interesting. I imagine that would be a very long magazine... we shall see...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts