HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Lord. The HK45 has been coming out for YEARS. It played a part in the deluge of cool .45s by other manufacturers. Still, nothing from HK. At this point, H&K should just forget it. I won't be buying one. I have just about had it with HK, and I have been defending them for years. :mad:

·
Registered
616 Posts
For me its that I am left handed and have gotten so used to the ambi controls on the p2000 line that I often fumble for a lever that isnt there on the usp now. I am going to be buying a p2000 soon to go with my my P2000sk, but I would still rather an hk45c LEM, however I dont want to wait until the end of 2008 or beginning of 2009 to get a mid size ccw gun.

I guess I could start using the slingshot or overhand method of racking the slide, but I why should I if I dont have too.

I guess thats my reason for possibly wanting one...however if I start to like .40 more than .45 (doubtful), I would be very happy staying with the p2k line.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The only reason i'm holding out is that the USPc does not fit me ergonomically but the P2000 does. I'm hoping the HK45c feels the same as the P2000.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If they had put a reasonable light rail on the USPC, I would have given up on it by now, too. Especially if it ends up being more than my P2K was.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Has anybody ever hear the phrase "Good Things, Comes to theos Who Wait!" be patient my friends they are comming. when there will be enough produced to sell. Part of what you are buying is the quality and craftmanship that other's who hurry their product out for testing by the public. Do not loose the faith. TJ

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
If they had put a reasonable light rail on the USPC, I would have given up on it by now, too. Especially if it ends up being more than my P2K was.
When the USP series was intro'd in 1993 the rail it was designed with was state of the art - now that the 1913 Picatinny rail is an industry standard, many adapters are available.

Im not giving up my USP's or Colt 1911's or STI's because of them not having a certain rail. A new pistol does not obsolete what I have now by any means.

When the HK45 does land, I'll get one a year later after the prices settle down. Im not one to have to get the first one on the block...I can wait. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
For me its that I am left handed and have gotten so used to the ambi controls on the p2000 line that I often fumble for a lever that isnt there on the usp now...I guess I could start using the slingshot or overhand method of racking the slide, but I why should I if I dont have too.
Try using your left index finger for the slide catch, and using your index + slight grip shift for safety levers. I've been doing that since day 1, and _also_ forced myself to learn right handed shooting, which now is more comfortable & natural for me than initial left handed grips. If I can compare this with another hobby of mine, a guitar player has a similar plight with instrument selection and avaliability. Only 3-5% of the guitars manufactured are intended for left handed players, so you can either learn a right handed guitar upside down (very awkward and uncomfortable), spend top dollar for a left handed guitar, or bite the bullet and learn to play right handed. In my honest opinion all you handgunners need to train with your weak hand as much as your strong hand if not more, it makes you a more versatile and more competent shooter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
...and as far as the picatinny rail goes for the HK45, I don't even use the rail on the usp. I've yet to see anything worth mounting there that doesn't just add weight & bulk to the pistol...i'm using em for ccw so a combination UTL and laser doesn't have much practicality to me..maybe if someone made a picatinny bottle opener I'd be grieving the current rail design. This reminds me although a bit off topic, in the Bourne Ultimatum movie one guy had a camcorder mounted on his pistol's rails..anyone seen that??

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hey Greg I agree with you. I have been waiting on both the P30 and the HK45 to be released. I got tired of waiting and spent my $ on other things and glad I did. I'll be curious to see how they feel and look when and if they ever come out but I could care less at this point.

·
Registered
198 Posts
We talked about the camcorder in Bourne Ultimatum in the Cinema section on this forum and decided that it wasn't mounted to the gun at all but held in the shooters weak hand. I seem to vividly remember it being mounted but others remember it differently.

Regardless, it wouldn't be that difficult to mount a camera/recorder to a USP complete with a pressure sensitive switch. Just the thing we need for court. Would love to see it happen.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Greg Bell : Surprising to hear it from you, but I do understand the frustration. it's the ever dangling, elusive carrot and we are the donkey (read : ass). ;)

Get something else in the mean time, when the HK45 rolls out - whenever that may be - then decide if you still want one (and you may just). *s*

I'm looking at the USP Combat Competition and the G21 SF in the interim. That said, I'll probably still purchase an HK45 and send it off to ROBAR. But until then, as mentioned above, along with the HK416/417...*sigh*... "hurry up and wait." Sure it sucks... :26:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I too am surprised to hear this from you Greg. But I understand. I've been waiting for the HK45 to come out for several years. I doubt I'm going to see an HK 45 in my safe this year. But I wait because I love HK, I really want that pistol and I know when it comes out, they would have made the wait worth it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
my usp works , my p2k should do the same ...
why worry about what you can't get cause it doesn't exsist ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gotta agree with Greg on this one. I've since bought a P2000, P226, and a G19 b/c I was tired of waiting. I could care less about the HK45 now. :520:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
So who is waiting I already gave up on them and started buying other pistols such as Wilson Combat and so on and haven't looked back. I will not be buying the HK45 or the P30 either. I have canceled my order for them and now have NO intention of buying either one now even though I was going to buy both. Hk is loosing civilian sales with their big wait if it is supposed to keep people in suspense someone needs to tell them it isn't working.
There are too many other quality firearms out there to wait on them, and with politics the way they are who knows how long they will be available. Sorry HK you lost it looks like at least three sales and I know there is alot more out there.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts