HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the way I understand it the HK45 is the big brother of the P30. What is it besides aesthetics that differentiates these guns from the USP series? are they mechanically the same?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
The P30, HK45, and USP all utilize recoil operated modified Browning type actions with recoil buffers. Aside from that the P30 and HK45 have interchangable grip panels, backstraps, and also has a standard picatinny rail. The USP does not have a modular grip and has a non-standard rail that requires the use of an adapter for use with standard lights/lasers (like what would fit on a Glock).

·
Registered
46 Posts
That link does say panels, but I think they mean backstrap. The reviews I've read and the big pictures in a recent Combat Handguns indicate to me just a replaceable backstrap.

Can any of you new HK 45 owners give us the real story?!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yea my understanding and what I have read other then the posted link says a back strap, I would be it was a typo. The one I saw earlier this year at the NRA convention was just the back strap.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Does the new HK 45 have a lower bore axis? It seems to me I read that somewhere here on the forum. That alone would be great.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I played with one in the shop yesterday. It has interchangeable backstraps and I think it only comes with two sizes as opposed to three. It has the O ring barrel and the bore axis is slightly lower than the USP series. It's trigger is USP in feel, while the P30 is more like the P2000 in that regard.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I played with one in the shop yesterday. It has interchangeable backstraps and I think it only comes with two sizes as opposed to three. It has the O ring barrel and the bore axis is slightly lower than the USP series. It's trigger is USP in feel, while the P30 is more like the P2000 in that regard.
Damn I wish I could start going to your gun store. It seems they get all the new toys almost a week before mine does.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Yes it looks like the backstrap is the only part that is interchangable. The side panels on the HK45 are not, unlike the P30. Once again, that wording in the link I posted was very confusing and did elude to grip panels that are in fact not an option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts