HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, HK Pro! New HK 45C owner here. I need to replace my factory sights.

I'm leaning towards Heinies as I have experience with this setup and I do not prefer 3 dot sights. However I was hoping to get some info about a few things.

Is anyone running the 10-8 rear? I prefer this setup, but the front sight then becomes an issue. It says they were designed for the factory front sight.

Can anyone get some calipers on their Trijicon front sights? I'd like to know the height and width.
Same goes for Meps front sight or any other front sight y'all might be running, such as Dawson Precision.

Thanks for your input.

Tom

·
Registered
110 Posts
I believe the meps and trijicons mirror factory sights in reference to size. A pretty sweet set up would be the 10-8 rear with a dawson tritium front for around $100. The heinies are around $150 but have rear tritium.

10-8 is .156 wide. Dawson is .125 wide with option of .170 or .180 tall giving you some leeway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, Serpico. I was looking at the Dawson as the best front sight option. I will probably go this route. Too bad the 10-8s are out of stock.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I really like the Dawsons on my P30LS. I've got Heinies on my carry HK45C and P30 and don't have any complaints about them yet. The blacked-out rears for all 3 of those guns are thumbs-up for me compared to the factory 3dot sights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts