HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so pricing on the ambidextrous control lever for the HK45C is really confusing me.

HKparts.net has it in stock for $120 - compare that to the prices for either the right side or left side control lever kits which are $50 and $25 respectively.

I'm confused as to why the right and left kits would be priced differently (is it not just a mirror image)? I'm also confused about why the ambidextrous lever would be more than twice the cost of the right.

HKparts seems to be the only place that has them in stock. I can find it listed as out of stock on lots of other sites for prices between $30 - $40. Is this solely a function of supply / demand pricing?

Also funny - HKparts has a "Spare Roll Pin" for the ambidextrous control lever kit for $3 - the description states "used to hold the right side lever onto the left side axle lever" which implies that you just need a right side lever and the pin to hook to the existing left side lever.

I'm probably reading too much into this - but it really seems like $120 is excessive.

And just to clarify - if I need the kit ambidextrous control lever than that's what I'll get. I'm not looking to try and cobble something together that may not work just to save some money. I'm just more curious and looking to not overpay where I don't have to.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The ambidextrous control lever kit is what you will need if you want a control lever on the left and right side of your HK45C.
You will not get the desired function you want by purchasing a left control lever kit and a right control lever kit.

When they are in stock, Top Gun Supply has the Ambi Control Lever kit for the HK45C for $79.95 - They are out of stock right now
HK HK45 Ambidextrous Control Lever Kit - Top Gun Supply

Try some of these resources
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=hk45c+ambi+control+lever&hl=en&prmd=imvnsfd&biw=1440&bih=815&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3759698603837092839&sa=X&ei=JAriT8viHYeQ2gWj9OnLCw&ved=0CEwQ8wIwAA

You will see that the ambi control lever kit is a bit different than simply purchasing a right and left control lever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help.

I figured it had to be more than just "assembling" the two parts - but the wording on the pin description made it seem that way.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The ambi control lever is actually three parts. Think of it as a left side control lever that protrudes far enough past the right side of the frame that the right side lever is keyed onto it and held with the roll pin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts