HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in the 45c when it comes out but I prefer the LEM. Will it be possible to send it to HK for the LEM conversion (or do it myself) once the kits become available for the 45c? I don't want to wait for a factory LEM to come out and this would allow me to get one ASAP and convert at a later date.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The HK45 and HK45C are going to be available in LEM after the first quarter of 2008. I do not know if they can be converted from V3 to LEM so you might want to check with HK or wait until the LEM comes out which is what I am doing.
Buying a gun now and finding out later that they are like the P2K V3 that cannot be converted to LEM, and that may well be the case since the HK45C uses the same type of decocker as the P2K uses, would not make good financial since to me. Don't get in such a big hurry you end up shooting yourself in the wallet. Wait for the one you want and you won't be kicking yourself later.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
you sure about the decocker? All lf the pics i have see show the HK45c with the same side mounted decocker that the fullsize HK45 has on it...

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they will be able to be converted, you'll just have to send it to Trussville to get fitted out with the LEM.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Big Bore, though this topic pertains to the LEM variant of the HK45, do you have any information about a possible LEM version of the P30? I am aware you can convert it yourself, but I'd like an official HK version of the P30 LEM.

Thanks, and sorry to slightly change topic.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I just read on HK-USA forum that by the end of the first quarter of 08 there WILL be an LEM conversion available from HK. So, the current HK45/C V3 pistols can be converted to LEM. HK said:
"Conversions for the HK45 and 45c to LEM are expected in at the end of Q1 08 we will be able to do conversion at that time."

That is indeed good news since I was waiting for the LEM to come out.
I do not know about the P30.

I thought the decocker was on the rear like on the P30 but I am obviously wrong about that. There it is on the side sure shooting. I need to pay closer attention to the details!

·
Registered
569 Posts
P30 is as of now not planned to be offered in LEM, and no one is sure whether or not they will be

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kinda crazy isn't it? Not offering the P30 in LEM. The local dealer here in NW Florida said it's a piece of cake to convert to LEM, that being - why doesn't HK go ahead and ship it over...isn't it available in Germany? Oh well, at least the conversion has been done so it is possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts