HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the firing pin from an HK45?
I've searched and found plenty of info on field stripping and even complete stripping of the lower, but I have found no info on slide disassembly or removing the firing pin or extractor.
It looks like it might involve two pins, three springs and four hands ...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
One pin is the extractor pivot. The other one holds the FP in. Knock it out, push the firing pin a little and the firing pin block can be removed. Once it's out the firing pin slides right out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, is the pin reusable?
I took apart a Sig 228 years ago and it was a rolled pin that Sig recommends replacing once removed. I've never seen these sort of pins before.
I will probably wait until I have closer to 5,000 rounds through it before removing the firing pin, I just want to know how.
I suspect this is something that will void the warranty.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I've always reused the roll pin with no issues. You'll not affect the warranty at all unless you do something to modify the pistol like drilling out the hole to use a larger pin or some other similar nonsense.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
The roll pins are cheap; best to replace them a'la Sig.

Also, the HK pins are slightly tapered; they go " in" from the bottom of the slide, and are removed from the top.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
The pin HOLES are tapered, I should have said.Anyway, knock them out from the top of the slide, and re-install them from the bottom.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The pin HOLES are tapered, I should have said.Anyway, knock them out from the top of the slide, and re-install them from the bottom.

I wouldn't knock them out from top of the slide. If you miss the pin, your slide will be marred. It's safe to knock them out from bottom.

@OP: Make sure you use a roll-pin punch. Not a regular punch as it may bent the tit of the roll pin.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I wouldn't knock them out from top of the slide. If you miss the pin, your slide will be marred.
Who cares, that is cosmetic. If you "miss" while knocking it out from the bottom, you risk marring areas of the slide that ride over the hammer and the next round in the magazine...

OP, either way just be careful and don't miss

1 - 10 of 10 Posts