HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently stuck trying to decide on a IWB holster for my HK45c, for those who might already have one of these for their HK45c or HK45 I was looking for some opinions on what options they went with, and the overall performance of the holster.

I like stuff about both holsters, The Crossbreed I've heard about from a lot of people. I like the shape of the cut of leather a little more than the White Hat as it seems like they don't have as much excess in places that its not needed. its a little more rounded and not as squared off as well.
I like the look of the clips on the crossbreed a little more the cross design that some don't like don't bother me too much.

As for the White Hat, I like that it allows me to get the horsehide in all black, not a option with CB, also like how you have the option to switch out and kydex and the option for custom designs and colors is cool but not a huge deal for me. I don't like the clips as much on the whitehat but have heard a lot of good things about them and heard that they have the best customer service hands down.

other thing I was wondering about was combat cut? I like the option but if you have it does it allow more of the handgun to touch your skin, where it would take on more sweat and moisture and does it pinch at all?

thanks in advance for any opinions guys I like both these holsters from what I have researched both made in the USA both look like a great product and both are lifetime warranty I believe.

·
Registered
458 Posts
No experience with those brands but as for the combat cut, I always request that on both kydex or leather holsters. Th draw is less impeded and the holster can then double for use in IDPA etc. I haven't sweated a gun out of commission yet, although a quick wipedown at the end of the day in the summer is sometimes necessary. As long as you're not using those custom aggressive 1911 kevlar grips you'll be fine with a combat cut.

I haven't tried one but if I were going to use a kydex IWB fulltime I'd go with http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/silent-thunder-holsters/

Personally I prefer TT gunleather holsters. I've used a few cheap kydex holsters until my TT orders made it through the build time and they were ok but moved around too much and didn't mold well to my body IMO.

Cheers

·
Registered
881 Posts
I tried the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe and it was a great fit.
There is an option to get the ST Deluxe in Black Cowhide.
With the combat cut and black cowhide the total is under $78.

If you get the Crossbreed holster and don't like it, you can return it for a refund within 2 weeks of your purchase.
I was happy with mine, but decided to go a different direction with what IWB holster to carry.
Ultimately it was sold like the others I no longer carry.

If you can find one or are willing to wait for 5 months on the list, the Milt Sparks VM-II for the HK45C is the way to go IMO.
Nothing came close to this fit after I received mine.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have a Crossbreed. Love it! Lifetime warranty...that I haven't had to use in the several years I've had it...and a military discount. If you have any questions at all, talk to them before you purchase. They also have a FAQ. I didn't get the combat cut, as I would rather mark and have mine cut to fit than get a standard combat cut. It easy to cut leather but damn hard to add it back on. Double think before you order. Here is a pic of mine with the HK45c.

I have a few other pics, if you are interested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the response guys I appreciate everyone's opinions. I have heard a lot about the Milt Sparks, turn around time and price are only bad things I guess. I might get one down the road but need something fairly nice and comfortable fast as my current holster is not cutting it with the HK45c. Raptor I would like to see some more pictures if you don't mind, I see a ton of them online but mostly with Glocks in them ;) I was curious to see how far down the gun came to the end of the leather and how much it covered behind so if you have picture from the back of the holster that would be awesome. I keep debating the combat cut I want it but don't want the pistol to pinch or dig into me but think the combat cut would be ideal at the same time.
jus
Also was a little hesitant about Kydex as some folks believe it shows holster wear on their gun's quite fast and not that I mind just don't want it looking like its 20 years of holster wear after a few months. I also heard kydex has the smoothest draw though. I only have experience with leather and other materials never used a kydex holster.

thanks again guys and if anyone else has pics of a HK45c in a whitehat I would love to see how it compares. Looking like its gonna be a Crossbreed but the jury is still out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the Crossbreed w/ combat cut. thanks again everyone for your input I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know its a little late karma, but the CBSTD is a great holster. I have 3 of them and they are all great. 98% of the time im carrying it is in a CBSTD. Just wanted to let you know that your gun is going to show more wear on the leather side not the kydex side as you where told by others. But its not that bad, and I dont worry about it on a carry gun anyways. I went with the horse hide and no combat cut for my p30 and here is a pic, but excuse the puzzle on my table ( wifes puzzle )

Let me know if you have any more questions about them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hate to pipe up at this late time as well, but have you considered Comp-Tac? I carry my M&P Shield in a Comp-Tac Minotaur kydex/leather holster and it is eminently comfortable with excellent build quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with Sniper Joe. The comp-tac Minotaur is the most comfortable inside the pants holster I have ever used. The customer service is top notch and the turn around time is three days! PM for pic's

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
If you can find one or are willing to wait for 5 months on the list, the Milt Sparks VM-II for the HK45C is the way to go IMO.
Nothing came close to this fit after I received mine.
I have found nothing as comfortable as the VMII for the HK45C. I would get the CompTac for now and order up a VMII. When it comes, you'll either switch to it; or sell it off and get your money back out of it. Win, win IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with the Crossbreed had it a few weeks now and couldn't be happier the thing is real comfortable, only thing I have noticed is it makes noise like others have talked about due to the clips moving around on the leather not enough to bother me though. I haven't put saddle soap or anything on the leather yet don't want to get it all over after conditioning it. Pretty sure the holster wear is gonna come quick though with the retention on this thing. if you guys want I'll post a picture up, I went with the black cow hide and combat cut.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I have both a Comp-tac Minotaur and a horsehide Supertuck. Both are great holsters can't go wrong with either one. Currently wearing my Minotaur with a P2000SK but my HK45CT fits it perfectly well too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like to carry appendix and was looking at the Minotaur Neutral (Appendix Carry) Cant Holster

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC HolsterI am don't understand what this means Can't holster - so if I pull the firearm out , I have to remove the holster and then slide the firearm into the holster and then slide them both into position again?
Im still looking for a holster for my firearm, i tired a 3 o clock position but it just didn't feel good inside waste band. I like appendix because Its in front of me and i feel like i can guard it easier.

·
Registered
596 Posts
No, it doesn't mean "you can't re-holster without removing the holster." :wink:

"Cant" is the "tilt" of the holster.
"FBI Cant" means it has the grip-forward tilt like many strong side CC holsters now.
"Neutral Cant" means the gun is held vertically ("straight up and down") - which is appropriate for appendix carry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts