HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when LEM might be available from the factory (US market) for the HK45c?
Any ideas why it is taking so long?

I know it can be done aftermarket or sent back to factory, but I don't want to spend the extra $$$ to do this. I want the HK45c to come with LEM just like the other models can be ordered with LEM.

Thanks in advance.

Jake

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
You can order an HK45c in LEM from your dealer. It'll just take a while to get to you.
And that is the catch. If you pay 'dealer price' for a HK45c W/LEM you will probably spend the same as if you had found a 'deal' on a V1 and then paid to send it back to H&K for the swap. The latter option would probably get you a gun in hand quicker, and the former would probably be 'easier'. Costs would probably be the same (or maybe even more to go the dealer order route). If you have waited this long and really do not want a V1 or to pay a premium for the LEM then I would wait some more or buy something else. Of course you will need to decide whether time, money or convenience is more important to you. I paid $710 for my NIB compact last year and recently traded it. To me it wasn't worth that and so the idea of paying 'dealer price' for one is crazy to me regardless of trigger, BUT we are all different and if this is what you want either wait some more or spend the $$. It will cost you $170 for H&K to do the swap and so assuming you pick up a V1 gun for +/- $800 you are still likely to save over the cost of ordering one (what is MSRP these days anyway?). Or you could just buy a V1 and put the kit in yourself for the price of the parts ($125 I think). Bottom line is whether you want/need this now, and if you do what 'dealer price' turns out to be. You can then make the 'right' decision for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Dear Carrots,
710 for the HK45C last year? Where do you find such deals and then why was it not even worth that to you? What was wrong, if you feel like sharing.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
I just don't like tiddlers I guess....

I've told this story before, but I snagged it in mid-Oct from a store in Ohio. The owner had one and just wanted it gone and I was just looking in the right place at the right time. Even back then it was a great deal, now it is unheard of. I didn't hate the gun, but it was my first compact and I bought it solely for its smaller size thinking that going to a sub 4" barrel in 45 wouldn't be a big deal for me and that I would really appreciate having what I thought would be a lot less bulk in the right places. However the more I shot it the more I didn't want to carry it and the less I wanted to carry it the less purpose it held for me. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what the problem was but it felt snappy and badly balanced in my hand and so it became my ugh choice even for range duty. I didn't find it a lot easier to conceal than my other full-size pistols either. I then bought a USP9 & a P30L and I decided that I would be better served by having my HK .45 pistol in that size hence my decision to trade. I hadn't held or shot the full-size but I took the gamble and my first time out with it my groups were much better. Yes it is a slightly bulkier proposition, but not hugely so and for me at least more bulk for better results on the target is a trade off that I'm happy to make. None of these pistols are ideal for carry, but they are all manageable and as we all know a carry gun that isn't carried is about as much use as an ashtray on a Kawasaki, and I want to be able to hit what I want, where I want to and with the minimum of fuss each and every time I pull that trigger, and with my new set up I can do that.

Anyway that’s my story and I'm sticking with it, BUT just to clarify I would NOT pay dealer price for the three H&Ks that I now have and do really like. Nice yes, but worth +/- $1000 to me, no and so my comment re the current prices of the compact should be taken it that context. At $710 the compact was my most expensive H&K which should indicate that I do like a deal and when you are cursed with expensive taste and a limited budget you have to be extra hungry for finding them. IME there is seldom a need to pay 'the going rate' for anything that is mass produced and widely available if you are prepared to make a bit of effort whether you're buying cars, boots or guns. However I should add that I have had plenty of free time over the last year or so which helps an awful lot for tracking these things down.

The good news is that the guy that I traded with is delighted with his new compact and so the different strokes for different folks rule continues to thrive. There are a lot of happy HK45c owners here, and so rather than slate the gun I'll just say that our pairing was unfortunately mismatched :2500000:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just recently picked up a 45c LNIB (no wear that I can see) on GB for $719 shipped. I ordered a LEM kit from RTG that I can install myself, so for about $850 I will have a light LEM 45c. The deals are out there if you look and are lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts